By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 35, 2020 (Aug 24 - Aug 30)

tbone51 said:
Question, how y’all feeling about 3D Mario collection doing WW? 25mil

Not even 10 million

It's a 6 months exclusive, it will need to have an Animal Crossing level of hype to move 25 million in 6 months 

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
tbone51 said:
Question, how y’all feeling about 3D Mario collection doing WW? 25mil

Not even 10 million

It's a 6 months exclusive, it will need to have an Animal Crossing level of hype to move 25 million in 6 months 

Since it's digital I'm thinking at least 15 million because people eat up timed stuff

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Farsala said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Top 30

NSW 22 (9 of which are third party)
PS4 8 (7 of which are third party)

Switch has 9/16 = 56% of third party games in the top 30 this week.  This is the first time in over 3 months where Switch has had fewer than 60% of the third party games in the top 30.  I suppose now I will have to say 55%+ going forward.  However, we can also look at the multiplatform releases this week and see that Switch is significantly higher in first week sales, and we've already been seeing that Switch has much better legs on multiplatform releases like eBaseball.  The argument for Japanese third party developers to ignore the Switch grows weaker every week.  The real question for games in the coming years should be "Switch exclusive or multiplat?"

3. [NSW] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (Square Enix, 08/27/20) – 48,957 (New)
5. [PS4] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (Square Enix, 08/27/20) – 30,169 (New)

6. [NSW] Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Bandai Namco, 08/27/20) – 16,678 (New)
8. [PS4] Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Bandai Namco, 08/27/20) – 13,828 (New)

12. [NSW] eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 (Konami, 07/09/20) – 7,310 (207,757)
19. [PS4] eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 (Konami, 07/09/20) – 3,765 (174,299)

"Switch has much better legs on multiplatform releases like eBaseball"

You lost me here. How do those numbers prove the Switch has much better legs? The PS4 version launched terribly and than legged it decently. The Switch version has 5.8m+ more potential buyers than the PS4 version but only barely outlegs it.

Yeah better legs. It's a sony fault don't have the 5.8m+ . Multiplat, in japan, sold better on Switch. It's a fact now. 

Farsala said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Top 30

NSW 22 (9 of which are third party)
PS4 8 (7 of which are third party)

Switch has 9/16 = 56% of third party games in the top 30 this week.  This is the first time in over 3 months where Switch has had fewer than 60% of the third party games in the top 30.  I suppose now I will have to say 55%+ going forward.  However, we can also look at the multiplatform releases this week and see that Switch is significantly higher in first week sales, and we've already been seeing that Switch has much better legs on multiplatform releases like eBaseball.  The argument for Japanese third party developers to ignore the Switch grows weaker every week.  The real question for games in the coming years should be "Switch exclusive or multiplat?"

3. [NSW] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (Square Enix, 08/27/20) – 48,957 (New)
5. [PS4] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (Square Enix, 08/27/20) – 30,169 (New)

6. [NSW] Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Bandai Namco, 08/27/20) – 16,678 (New)
8. [PS4] Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Bandai Namco, 08/27/20) – 13,828 (New)

12. [NSW] eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 (Konami, 07/09/20) – 7,310 (207,757)
19. [PS4] eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 (Konami, 07/09/20) – 3,765 (174,299)

"Switch has much better legs on multiplatform releases like eBaseball"

You lost me here. How do those numbers prove the Switch has much better legs? The PS4 version launched terribly and than legged it decently. The Switch version has 5.8m+ more potential buyers than the PS4 version but only barely outlegs it.

It sold twice as much this week on Switch than on PS4.  How is that not better legs?

Oh I got another... 2021>2020 for NSW in japan.

How y’all like that one

Around the Network

Only if Monster Hunter 5 comes out next year.

Eagle367 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Not even 10 million

Since it's digital I'm thinking at least 15 million because people eat up timed stuff

I'm not feeling it. But we shall see

tbone51 said:

How y’all like that one

Depends how much they ship in the rest of the year, because I'm pretty sure if the stock was there they could reach 7 mil or more. But its not impossible that next year could reach similair numbers though. A new Switch model, a price cut or maybe Monster Hunter? Any one of those could carry the Switch to another great year and if more than one happen then next year could be another they-sell-as-much-as-they-can-ship situation.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

tbone51 said:

How y’all like that one

I don't think so, mostly because I think Switch is going to break the annual record this year for Japan.  Demand for Switch is massively backed up in Japan right now.  I expect in 2 weeks Nintendo is going to ship a bunch of Switches to go with the Mario Collection, but a lot of those sales are going to go to people who want Animal Crossing or Ring Fit Adventure instead.

PAOerfulone said:

Only if Monster Hunter 5 comes out next year.

Yeasss

UnderwaterFunktown said:
tbone51 said:

How y’all like that one

Depends how much they ship in the rest of the year, because I'm pretty sure if the stock was there they could reach 7 mil or more. But its not impossible that next year could reach similair numbers though. A new Switch model, a price cut or maybe Monster Hunter? Any one of those could carry the Switch to another great year and if more than one happen then next year could be another they-sell-as-much-as-they-can-ship situation.

I’m not sure for 7mil yet. That would play a huge factor. I think 6.5mil will happen, stock doesn’t seem to be 100% good yet or will I think it will be by dec

The_Liquid_Laser said:
tbone51 said:

How y’all like that one

I don't think so, mostly because I think Switch is going to break the annual record this year for Japan.  Demand for Switch is massively backed up in Japan right now.  I expect in 2 weeks Nintendo is going to ship a bunch of Switches to go with the Mario Collection, but a lot of those sales are going to go to people who want Animal Crossing or Ring Fit Adventure instead.

All these evergreens and spill over effect as well

as SM3DW+BF and a new MH, new Hardware, etc might push another 6mil+ year