By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jim Sterling about Marvels Avengers

Yeah, those meta-scores aren't great. By today's standards anyway.....I'm now actively rooting for this game to fail. Go team go!



- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Mnementh said:

Some people on Twitter... best source ever

That said, I don't think everyone will have the same opinion as Jim Sterling obviously. But it seems that Marvels Avengers isn't exactly the best game of the year or something.

Some people on twitter is reviewers, developers, gamers ... people i follow cause i trust them based on years following them,  you know people that dont need to fucking hate everything and make everything a fucking war and blow things out of porportion for clicks and views on youtube. But you do you , everyone is free to listen to anyone , if jim is who people want to listen to good for them i guess.

Considering the reviews we are getting it doesnt look to good. Game had some hype going on and some had high expectations. 






It's weird I think the game is trash nothing like what I'm looking for but channels I follow like Kinda Funny can't stop talking about it....
Am I missing something?



Never interested me, and considered its anti-consumer exclusive content and its GAAS appoach, it wont have my money any time soon.



So I know next to nothing about this game, but I was excited to play something that felt like the Arkham games set in the Marvel universe with Avengers. If I love the Arkham games, would I enjoy this or is it not similar gameplay wise?



Around the Network
Dulfite said:
So I know next to nothing about this game, but I was excited to play something that felt like the Arkham games set in the Marvel universe with Avengers. If I love the Arkham games, would I enjoy this or is it not similar gameplay wise?

Bro, you know gameplay videos exist, right?

But no, this is not remotely similar to the Arkham games.



tripenfall said:
It's weird I think the game is trash nothing like what I'm looking for but channels I follow like Kinda Funny can't stop talking about it....
Am I missing something?

It has an Avengers license, so it will be noticed and talked about.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
tripenfall said:
It's weird I think the game is trash nothing like what I'm looking for but channels I follow like Kinda Funny can't stop talking about it....
Am I missing something?

It has an Avengers license, so it will be noticed and talked about.

I've seen some TV ads but not one of the gaming channels I'm following is talking about it, other than Digital Foundry which did some performance tests during beta phase and after release.



Dulfite said:
So I know next to nothing about this game, but I was excited to play something that felt like the Arkham games set in the Marvel universe with Avengers. If I love the Arkham games, would I enjoy this or is it not similar gameplay wise?

Your best bet is probably Spider-Man PS4.  That's supposed to borrow a lot from the Arkham games with its combat and open world but adapted to Spider-Man and it's one of the highest-rated PS4 games.



Angelus said:
Dulfite said:
So I know next to nothing about this game, but I was excited to play something that felt like the Arkham games set in the Marvel universe with Avengers. If I love the Arkham games, would I enjoy this or is it not similar gameplay wise?

Bro, you know gameplay videos exist, right?

But no, this is not remotely similar to the Arkham games.

What is The YouTube? Is it where I message my Myspace buddies, or instant message my AIM friends with emojis, or where I purchase deactivated mines from early WW2 Sicily?