By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jim Sterling about Marvels Avengers

The Fury said:

Oh yeah and that's why I sub to him but I think when I first subbed to him early-on on on youtube after his Destructoid days he seemed to cover a broader range of subjects. Alas, it's not his fault, these big companies are throwing diesel on the fire all the time. He sings praise for Focus Home Interactive, Sony and Nintendo games sides because they seem to do what we expect, make games. Nintendo especially for their general business practices.

Games as a service is currently the reason I haven't been playing DA4 for 3 years instead of playing DA:I for 6, when EA cancelled what the DA team had made and wanted them to do a GaaS with it, yet how did that do for Anthem? Basically ruined Bioware and DA team have basically started again after that as EA saw it wasn't worth it. Yet we as gamers aren't who they are aiming for, they want the kids spending their parents money on Fortnite or those god damn idiotic youtubers and streamers opening another player pack they purchased with donations.

Same thing happened when they tried to shift their Medal of Honor team, as well as the half of Westwood they bought from C&C onto mobile C&C and then something else, then liquidation. Big companies just treat studios like mere playthings, and not actual talented studios, with unique devs that bring nice concepts to the table. When they liquidate those studios, the talent split into multiple pieces and we'll never see that same spark of talent in one place for multiple games ever again (just look at the ppl that left ND and GoW, and gears past studio, Bungie etc).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Lol all people i follow on Twitter is praising the game saying they first impressions didnt Gave game justice, people like Jim Sterling needs to please his fanbase , i Will never listen to angry youtubers ever again.

Some people on Twitter... best source ever

That said, I don't think everyone will have the same opinion as Jim Sterling obviously. But it seems that Marvels Avengers isn't exactly the best game of the year or something.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Mnementh said:

That said, I don't think everyone will have the same opinion as Jim Sterling obviously. But it seems that Marvels Avengers isn't exactly the best game of the year or something.

Some people on twitter is reviewers, developers, gamers ... people i follow cause i trust them based on years following them,  you know people that dont need to fucking hate everything and make everything a fucking war and blow things out of porportion for clicks and views on youtube. But you do you , everyone is free to listen to anyone , if jim is who people want to listen to good for them i guess.

It is better to follow a couple reviewers with similar taste that you trust than look for 100 of perhaps not reliable reviewers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

72 Metascore after 17 reviews for the PS4 version. Pretty much what I expected.

Barozi said:
72 Metascore after 17 reviews for the PS4 version. Pretty much what I expected.

But I heard 75 is a very good score, so this game must be at least good =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

https://youtu.be/jyTQui8xEoM

Crappy GaaS title with lackluster gameplay and scummy content tactics. Another reviewer called it Averagengers or something to that effect. Wonder what the scores would be without the Avengers license.

They can rebound, Destiny did, but holy shit the grind sounds torturous. This dude has played for twenty hours and come across no worthwhile loot. You kind of need loot in a looter title.

Yeah, those meta-scores aren't great. By today's standards anyway.....I'm now actively rooting for this game to fail. Go team go!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Mnementh said:

Some people on twitter is reviewers, developers, gamers ... people i follow cause i trust them based on years following them,  you know people that dont need to fucking hate everything and make everything a fucking war and blow things out of porportion for clicks and views on youtube. But you do you , everyone is free to listen to anyone , if jim is who people want to listen to good for them i guess.

Considering the reviews we are getting it doesnt look to good. Game had some hype going on and some had high expectations. 

It's weird I think the game is trash nothing like what I'm looking for but channels I follow like Kinda Funny can't stop talking about it....
Am I missing something?

Never interested me, and considered its anti-consumer exclusive content and its GAAS appoach, it wont have my money any time soon.