By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jim Sterling about Marvels Avengers

KLXVER said:
It looks like Ultimate Alliance 3 with a bigger budget. Pretty bland and repetitive combat.

Actually, aside from the obvious difference in graphics, UA3 looks like the best game ever made next to Marvel Avengers xD

Around the Network

Seems about in line with my expectations. From the moment it was announced, it looked like they ripped a 6/10 licensed game for the PS2, slapped a fresh coat of paint on it and called it a day...

This game looks like it could be fun for an hour or two at best. I also agree it doesn't look particularly good. I don't think it's going to last too long as a live service.

Signature goes here!

The Fury said:

He's very cynical recently but then kind of understandable as thousands of workers are being made redundant while the CEOs get richer and not just in games. It's a game as service, that's obvious a mile off but it may well be a good game, as long as you are playing and having a laugh with mates but not willing to pay £50 for that, especially when it lacks certain things. Like Black Widow with a russian accent...wait, that's paid DLC isn't it?

I think he's always been that way, but can you honestly blame him?. I've felt that way for a long time now, since we've been witness to large companies trying to constantly nickel & dime us time and time again, and it's gotten so very old and stale now, that our favourite hobby has become nothing more than a means for profiting share holders, who don't even care about our hobby. it just sours the whole experience.

Like whatever happened to having 100% faith in your own product, making it a full one and not having to rip it into pieces, make some shoddy exclusive deal with another company, and trying to control the entire gaming experience from afar (always online GAAS model)?

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well I'll probably save money on it

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
A prime example of GaaS done very very wrong.

GaaS can be done right?

Cerebralbore101 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

GaaS can be done right?

Yes, see games like Path of Exile, and Warframe for reference. 

Angelus said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

GaaS can be done right?

Yes, see games like Path of Exile, and Warframe for reference. 

Ok you got me at Warframe. Free to play is different than paid GaaS.

Chazore said:

I think he's always been that way, but can you honestly blame him?. I've felt that way for a long time now, since we've been witness to large companies trying to constantly nickel & dime us time and time again, and it's gotten so very old and stale now, that our favourite hobby has become nothing more than a means for profiting share holders, who don't even care about our hobby. it just sours the whole experience.

Like whatever happened to having 100% faith in your own product, making it a full one and not having to rip it into pieces, make some shoddy exclusive deal with another company, and trying to control the entire gaming experience from afar (always online GAAS model)?

Oh yeah and that's why I sub to him but I think when I first subbed to him early-on on on youtube after his Destructoid days he seemed to cover a broader range of subjects. Alas, it's not his fault, these big companies are throwing diesel on the fire all the time. He sings praise for Focus Home Interactive, Sony and Nintendo games sides because they seem to do what we expect, make games. Nintendo especially for their general business practices.

Games as a service is currently the reason I haven't been playing DA4 for 3 years instead of playing DA:I for 6, when EA cancelled what the DA team had made and wanted them to do a GaaS with it, yet how did that do for Anthem? Basically ruined Bioware and DA team have basically started again after that as EA saw it wasn't worth it. Yet we as gamers aren't who they are aiming for, they want the kids spending their parents money on Fortnite or those god damn idiotic youtubers and streamers opening another player pack they purchased with donations.

Hmm, pie.

Cerebralbore101 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

GaaS can be done right?

Of course. Forza Horizon 4 for example, GaaS, done right. There are plenty of GaaS games that are done just fine. Not all of them are Destiny or Avengers.