By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So... We really just went through all of August with basically no next gen info from MS and Sony?

twintail said:

You realise this happens with products more expensive than consoles right? 

Like Samsung did it in August with the announcement of the S7 (not just price and launch), cheapest model was $649. And seems they didn't have any issues selling it.

We've known about these consoles for over a year now. Ppl will be financially ok to be part of the launch quite easily.

Phones are obtained free through contract deals by the majority of people so you're not paying the full cost up front that's not a good comparison as you cover the costs in your service subscription over two years.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Yeah even given the 2020 year we have had, this is still bizarre. I don’t think it has to do with price, I think there legit might be a shortage of consoles and they are both holding off on prices and preorders so that they’ll know how many they can sell and prepare people. 

Price matters for the overall generation but it doesn’t matter for launch, hardcore fans of either will still buy them. Even as shitty as the Xbone launch lead up was, it had phenomenal sales.

or it could be as easy as neither wants to go first. You look bad if you have the higher price or you could lose a lot of money if you go too low.

I feel the need to remind everyone that the same was said about Nintendo when they waited until January 13th, less than 2 months before the Switch’s launch, to reveal the details, and look how well that turned out for them.

Patience.

PAOerfulone said:
I feel the need to remind everyone that the same was said about Nintendo when they waited until January 13th, less than 2 months before the Switch’s launch, to reveal the details, and look how well that turned out for them.

Patience.

And the Switch had months of shortages after launch, especially in Japan.  But this was fine because it launched in March and there wasn't a massive holiday around the corner to get the consoles to customers by.

When launching a console in November, they have to make as many as possible available within the first month because everyone will want it by Christmas.  A longer lead-in time is needed so they know how many consoles to have available within that first month.  At this point they may have started producing the consoles, but they're flying blind about how many they'll need until the price and release dates are public.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

You said it yourself, they showed off the UI. What more do you want bruh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Not rich at all but if u been gaming for a long time, u would save for the highest price which would be $599 plus whatever games u like to buy. U don't need to wait for the price as it could be anywhere between 399 to 599 lol. 

IcaroRibeiro said:

twintail said:

Sony and MS could announce the launch details a week before and it wouldn't change a thing. 

LOL

Are you guys that rich that buying a console is like going to the cinema without knowing what is on theaters? You just open the wallet and buy whatever console in selling, isn't it? 

This is the least hype I have ever seen for a new console generation. I feel nothing. The last console gen to truly feel hyped up going in was the buildup for 360, PS3, and Wii. Then again I am very jaded seeing the joke "AAA" gaming has become and seeing the disc era in it's last days does not make me excited.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Nvidia conference just blew these consoles out of the water, because we know the actual price for what we are going to get.

Its just 2 months from release and still nothing...

Last edited by hinch - on 01 September 2020

Future historians will write tomes about how poorly we've all handled this moment. Ours won't be the Greatest Generation, but the Petulant Generation.

PAOerfulone said:

Patience.

On one hand yes but on the other Switch was inheriting a monopoly in one market from the 3DS the was a massive safety net for it in case things went wrong which is something many people back then were not realizing secondly we knew details would be given that day as the reveal trailer a month and a half earlier said all details would be given in the January event here people don't know any details and when they'll be given details that's a key difference as the was schedule people knew of in regards to the Switch we also knew the Switch release date before the January event.