By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So... We really just went through all of August with basically no next gen info from MS and Sony?

The sad reality of this is that even if they waited till October to give out al the info for what would be a November launch, it wouldn't make a difference to them with regards to the sales.

It's just annoying to s because this isn't what we are accustomed to with regards to consoles. I mean, do we really need to know what the prices are and all that other stuff 4-5 months before launch? Hell Nvidia just announced their new range of GPUs less than 20 days before they launch. And the cheapest one costs $499.

It would be great if we knew, but them telling us 3-6 months early is honestly a courtesy... a misguided one at that.

Make no mistake, this pisses me the hell off, though I can understand where they are coming from too.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
You said it yourself, they showed off the UI. What more do you want bruh?

Hahaha true.

But in all seriousness it would've at least been nice if they sat down infront of a TV and literally just went through the UI menu by menu. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

IcaroRibeiro said:
twintail said:

Sony and MS could announce the launch details a week before and it wouldn't change a thing. 

LOL

Are you guys that rich that buying a console is like going to the cinema without knowing what is on theaters? You just open the wallet and buy whatever console in selling, isn't it? 

No but I can reasonably assume that saving $600 would cover whatever next gen console I wanted.  If anything I'd have money to spare probably.  Do you assume it will be $0 until they tell you different?

I am Iron Man

Intrinsic said:
The sad reality of this is that even if they waited till October to give out al the info for what would be a November launch, it wouldn't make a difference to them with regards to the sales.

It's just annoying to s because this isn't what we are accustomed to with regards to consoles. I mean, do we really need to know what the prices are and all that other stuff 4-5 months before launch? Hell Nvidia just announced their new range of GPUs less than 20 days before they launch. And the cheapest one costs $499.

It would be great if we knew, but them telling us 3-6 months early is honestly a courtesy... a misguided one at that.

Make no mistake, this pisses me the hell off, though I can understand where they are coming from too.

Agreed.

I'm actually starting to wish for them to wait until next month to reveal their prices just to get some people even more pissed.

Within the next two weeks we should have prices and dates right?
it cant go on, its time one of them moves and does a announcement.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
Intrinsic said:

Agreed.

I'm actually starting to wish for them to wait until next month to reveal their prices just to get some people even more pissed.

I'm at this point as well. If Sony doesn't have any big announcements for the PlayStation US 25th Anniversary, then I would rather not hear anything until October.

Microsoft has dropped the ball so bad, that I am honestly having a hard time getting excited for Xbox Series. I am almost tempted to just see what AMD's new GPU's look like and buy one of them instead. This is in stark contrast to where I was back in April. I was basically ready to put the PC on the back burner and just get the Series X.

JRPGfan said:

Within the next two weeks we should have prices and dates right?
it cant go on, its time one of them moves and does a announcement.

I have to agree with Intrinsic, niether one has any reason to show anything until October. They are not gaining or loosing anything by giving us full details this month. Just as they didn't gain or loose anything giving us full details a a year or 6 months ahead in previous generations.

I think we are going to learn to start getting used to this, as I believe it is going to be the case going forwards with PS5.1, PS5.2, PS5.3, PS5... and XBSX1, XBSX2, XBSX3, and so on. By the time the PS6/XB5 gen comes along, I could easily see things being revealed publicly in the same time space as most other electronics, only weeks away from release.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

For the people that wants Sony/Microsoft to wait until October for prices...do y’all not want to preorder or something

Like some ppl said, i rly think Nvidia took MS and Sony by surprise with rtx 3070, rtx 2080ti power level for only 500$. I think they both wanted to price console at 550 or 600$ but now they are most likely afraid so they just wait other company to release price first so they can match that price. Only one thing is for sure, both MS and Sony are going to start next gen with big losses.

KBG29 said:

Microsoft has dropped the ball so bad, that I am honestly having a hard time getting excited for Xbox Series. I am almost tempted to just see what AMD's new GPU's look like and buy one of them instead. This is in stark contrast to where I was back in April. I was basically ready to put the PC on the back burner and just get the Series X.

As it stands, I honestly can' think of a single reason why anyone would buy an Xbox. Maybe I am just a sony shrill, but I would like to thnk I am being practical here as I can't say the same thing about the switch. Why get an XSX when you can get a PC? As crazy as it may sound, I would sooner spend $1000 - $1200 building a PC from the ground up than spending $500 getting an XSX. And f I already have the bones of a great PC, I would sooner spend $500 on an RTX 3070 or AMDs equivalent card than to get an XSX. Simply because EVERYTHING that XSX has to offer is also on the PC.

Can't say the same for Playstation or the Switch.

KBG29 said:

I have to agree with Intrinsic, niether one has any reason to show anything until October. They are not gaining or loosing anything by giving us full details this month. Just as they didn't gain or loose anything giving us full details a a year or 6 months ahead in previous generations.

I think we are going to learn to start getting used to this, as I believe it is going to be the case going forwards with PS5.1, PS5.2, PS5.3, PS5... and XBSX1, XBSX2, XBSX3, and so on. By the time the PS6/XB5 gen comes along, I could easily see things being revealed publicly in the same time space as most other electronics, only weeks away from release.

Well, after the launch of the Pro, sony did say they were looking to adopt Apple's announce and release strategy. Guess we should all have taken that more seriously lol.

Intrinsic said:
KBG29 said:

As it stands, I honestly can' think of a single reason why anyone would buy an Xbox. Maybe I am just a sony shrill, but I would like to thnk I am being practical here as I can't say the same thing about the switch. Why get an XSX when you can get a PC? As crazy as it may sound, I would sooner spend $1000 - $1200 building a PC from the ground up than spending $500 getting an XSX. And f I already have the bones of a great PC, I would sooner spend $500 on an RTX 3070 or AMDs equivalent card than to get an XSX. Simply because EVERYTHING that XSX has to offer is also on the PC.

Can't say the same for Playstation or the Switch.

KBG29 said:

Well, after the launch of the Pro, sony did say they were looking to adopt Apple's announce and release strategy. Guess we should all have taken that more seriously lol.

I don’t like pc gaming so I’ll get an Xbox eventually