By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So... We really just went through all of August with basically no next gen info from MS and Sony?

Looks like im not the only one who noticed, but to me it looks like sony has the high ground. They got all the buzz and a 5 to 1 interest, so they probably dont need to say anything and hold on to the amo. If things stay as they are with nothing new coming sony will still have all the buzz. Since MS is the one that has to actually show a reason to own the box, they have to make a splash in the water and get things flowing and sony will in kind respond. But as it stands, they already said they have nothing for TGS. Maybe sony will show the bare minimun there cuz they dont want to waste a bomshell.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Looks like im not the only one who noticed, but to me it looks like sony has the high ground. They got all the buzz and a 5 to 1 interest, so they probably dont need to say anything and hold on to the amo. If things stay as they are with nothing new coming sony will still have all the buzz. Since MS is the one that has to actually show a reason to own the box, they have to make a splash in the water and get things flowing and sony will in kind respond. But as it stands, they already said they have nothing for TGS. Maybe sony will show the bare minimun there cuz they dont want to waste a bomshell.

Interesting that you say that bcuz I haven't seen a reason for me to own the PS5 at launch (and yes, I saw Spiderman and R&C trailers). Kena looks really cool though (but still not enough).  

chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

Interesting that you say that bcuz I haven't seen a reason for me to own the PS5 at launch (and yes, I saw Spiderman and R&C trailers). Kena looks really cool though (but still not enough).  

I bet you also missed demon souls, godfall & grand turismo. They arent confirmed to be launch window, aside from godfall, but they are all aiming at it. and dont forget bugsacks.....game of the year.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Considering the state of the world right now, why would any company want to commit to anything any earlier than they absolutely have to? Its better to leave things floating, so that adjustments can be made as late as possible. If MS announces XBX/S coming on November 15th, and on October 20th a ship full of 500,000 units is stuck at sea because the crew has covid, everyone gets pissed when they miss the launch date. But, if they leave it floating, they just push the date back to November 22nd and nobody even notices.

The same is true about pricing. Lets say they want to price PS5 at $399. But, they realize they can only get 2mm units ready. May as well price the Day One Edition (or whatever they're gonna call it) at $499 at that point, because you'll sell all 2mm easily.

eva01beserk said:
chakkra said:

I bet you also missed demon souls, godfall & grand turismo. They arent confirmed to be launch window, aside from godfall, but they are all aiming at it. and dont forget bugsacks.....game of the year.

Nope, I didn't miss them. I saw them all.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

If sony has given you no reason to buy a PS5, then it means MS is a complete non-starter then. Because at least, unlike MS sony has shown games actually running on the PS5 hardware. And from a readiness point of view, Sony has shown more games that are slated to come within the first year of release.

R&C, Demon Souls, Spiderman, GT7, Kena, Horizon, Returnal..etc just to mention a few. There is also a slew of third-party exclusives too that are slated for the launch year. While one's game preference is purely subjective, the fact of the matter is that this is gearing up to be the strongest launch line up in PlayStation history.

I am not making an argument that those should enough for you, hell, it's possible that you do not like a single game I mentioned there or the games I forgot to mention (eg deathloop), but with regards to who seems more "ready" for next-gen, sony is definitely so far making a better case for itself. Which is something I find strange as I would have expected it to be MS being that they need to do so more. 

I mean...and I am saying it again, we have yet to see a single game running on the XSX. How is that even possible this close to launch? Well... unless we count Gears 5 then yh...

chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

Nope, I didn't miss them. I saw them all.

thank you for elaborating

Intrinsic said:
chakkra said:

If sony has given you no reason to buy a PS5, then it means MS is a complete non-starter then. Because at least, unlike MS sony has shown games actually running on the PS5 hardware. And from a readiness point of view, Sony has shown more games that are slated to come within the first year of release.

R&C, Demon Souls, Spiderman, GT7, Kena, Horizon, Returnal..etc just to mention a few. There is also a slew of third-party exclusives too that are slated for the launch year. While one's game preference is purely subjective, the fact of the matter is that this is gearing up to be the strongest launch line up in PlayStation history.

I am not making an argument that those should enough for you, hell, it's possible that you do not like a single game I mentioned there or the games I forgot to mention (eg deathloop), but with regards to who seems more "ready" for next-gen, sony is definitely so far making a better case for itself. Which is something I find strange as I would have expected it to be MS being that they need to do so more. 

I mean...and I am saying it again, we have yet to see a single game running on the XSX. How is that even possible this close to launch? Well... unless we count Gears 5 then yh...

In playstation history? I argue they are giving nintendo a run for their money with greatest of all. The switch was insane thou, we have to wait and see if this compares once the dust has settled.

Speaking of XSX gameplay. Digital foundry had some behind the scene of crisis remaster runing on all consoles and advertise series x gameplay on the video, they they showed nothing or even really talked about it, just said it was runing side by side of an xbox one x. what the hell was the point in that?

Intrinsic said:
chakkra said:

I want to play Kena, Horizon, Spiderman, and Project Athia, but that's not enough to make me want to buy a PS5; and to be fair, I'm not going to buy an XSX at launch either, but I will be getting one next year for sure.

Intrinsic said:
Norion said:

You mentioned the main reason, price. A capable PC that's at least comparable in power to the XSX will cost about 2-3 times as much and that's not including the monitor since you'll want a good monitor to go along with a capable PC if you're not gonna connect it to a tv. Due to stuff like not paying for online the price difference will be made up over time but the entry cost is far higher and that's a major turn off to a lot of people. Another reason is if most of someone's friends play on Xbox and they play together often though thanks to crossplay that shouldn't really be much of a factor anymore in 2-3 years.

I get the numbers. But this is my counter to that.

Say there is going to be a PC in my house anyway. I am going to be spending around $1000 to build it. And no, I don't need it to be as powerful as the XSX, just need it to be more powerful than the XSS. Which s a 4TF machine.

If I already have a PC in my house, then I may be needing to upgrade the GPU, and again, No... I don't need to put in a $500 GPU in there,I can just throw in a $350 GPU into my existing PC.

Either way, the main thing here is that I have access to everything that comes from Microsoft. I don't need to own an Xbox to access all their content. And funny enough, ti s even the narrative MS is pushing.

If I were to do all that and forgo the PS5, then I am locked out of all the exclusive content that comes to that platform and would only hope that maybe 2-3 years after the release of some of that content it makes its way to the PC too.

If the argument is that "I just hate gaming n a PC" (which I personally do) then I can see the draw to an xbox. But that's kinda silly in of itself. have a decent PC by a 2 years ago upgrade standard with some parts that are probably 3/4 years at this point. And I am due anew upgrade this year or next year. And my budget is $1000. This is something I am going to do regardless of which console I own as I use my PC for a lot of other things. So for someone like me, it's flat out stupid for me to have a $1000 PC and still go and buy an Xbox.

I agree if someone has the money and doesn't play games with their friends on Xbox it's better to go with a PC over the Series X/S. I have a friend who plays on Xbox and the cost is the main obstacle to him getting a PC. If that wasn't an obstacle he would likely switch I think.