By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I'm not buying a PS5, or any of Sony's games, until they are heavily discounted on PC.

A little over dramatic maybe? I usually only see this kind of thing on Twitter.
Good on you for voting with your wallet but whether you buy it or not, no one really cares. We all vote with our wallets and buy what we want but creating a thread like this just seems whiny. Especially when you already said this in the article on the site.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
JWeinCom said:

"You're salty" posts are against the rules, so just don't do them. Instead, explain why you think the OP's reaction is unreasonable (which I think is the point), or refrain from commenting.

*shrugs* I don't really have much more to say. I think it's hilarious any time someone makes such a big deal out of nothing, cries foul when things slightly don't go their way, and think they have some big point about consumerism and choice and company greed or whatever. 

You are right, though. I probably shouldn't have said anything. Honestly, nobody should have. "Waaah, I don't like a thing they're doing and I don't understand how business works so I'm going to throw a tantrum" Isn't really a good starting point for any debate or discussion. He's entitled to do whatever he wants, I'm not here to say he can't chose to not pick up a PS5 (Honestly, more availability for me that way), but it's about as inane a stance to take as 'I've decided to take a shit in the downstairs bathroom because it's bigger! IT's not as close, but the toilet seat is more comfy!" Like, sure, shit wherever you want, but I have no idea why he or anyone else felt the need to share that info. 

I HAD something to say about it, but then deleted it and left only the simple comment subtly calling him immature and that his tantrum entertained me. 

That said, I didn't know 'you're salty' posts weren't allowed. I won't comment in this thread unless I have something of value to say. Got it. 

This feels like despite being directed at me, it's actually being addressed to the OP, and is along the same lines as the original post led to the in thread warning.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your intention was to clarify your earlier post to me, and not to indirectly attack the OP. In the future, if you want to comment on an in thread warning, including this post, please do so by PMing the mod. This way, there will be no confusion. Doing otherwise may lead to further moderator action.

Jabba89 said:
I don’t know how it is a slap in the face to PS users to release a 3 year old game on PC. Seems like a good way to try and increase awareness of your games.

PC is also portable, ever heard of a laptop?

I fully agree with your first paragraph. Increasing the value of your device by creating an artificial restriction (and exactly that is exclusivity) isn't actually making your device better. And I think releasing the games three years later for other platforms isn't ripping customers of the console off. All three platforms now practice that, with Ori, Horizon Zero Dawn, Octopath Traveler and more. That is fine.

I disagree on the second. A proper portable console is much better equipped for portable gaming than a laptop. A phone is better equipped for portable gaming. So no, a Laptop isn't really a replacement for 3DS/Vita/Switch, maybe a band-aid for a missing portable console.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

iceland said:
One can hope they eventually support pc day 1 on releases like MS.

I would much prefer that to what they are doing now. If they did day and date releases to PC, I'd be happy as a clam! If I were to buy a PS5 for exclusives, and then find out those are all coming to PC down the road, I'd be pissed for wasting $500 on an unneeded console. If Sony were to only release a handful of exclusives to PC, I'd be pissed for waiting and not buying a PS5.

I'd rather they either pick a solid stance. Either keep your exclusives exclusive, or just publish to PC day and date, with the same price. Both are acceptable to me.

I'm currently betting on them treating all of their exclusives the same way they treated HZD. A three year wait, followed by full price for a shoddy port. Hence, why I'm simply going to wait until they come to PC, and then wait further until they are priced fairly.

People are treating this thread as if I'm angry that Sony is bringing their games to PC. I'm angry, because they are offering two equally terrible options for playing their games next gen.

Cerebralbore101 said:
V-r0cK said:

Sony released Detroit Become Human and Horizon on PC and says they're exploring, so now you automatically think that Sony will now put every single game on PC.....? LOL

Detroit isn't a Sony owned game. 

Sony moved it's gaming division headquarters to the USA back in 2016, and I think that has finally caught up with them. The American corporate culture is one of maximizing short term profits regardless of the long term financial effects. They'll chop down 10% of the trees (to sell as firewood) in the apple orchard if it means they can improve this year's profits by 4%. As for how they will make up for having a smaller apple harvest next year? Why, they'll just charge 10% more for their apples of course! After all consumers are just cattle to be milked. 

Why should I as a customer care for the long-term profit of the companies. Fact is: exclusivity isn't in the customers interest. I will buy the exclusive games if I want to play them, but I am actually happy for each game that is available on more platforms, accessible to more gamers.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Runa216 said:

*shrugs* I don't really have much more to say. I think it's hilarious any time someone makes such a big deal out of nothing, cries foul when things slightly don't go their way, and think they have some big point about consumerism and choice and company greed or whatever. 

You are right, though. I probably shouldn't have said anything. Honestly, nobody should have. "Waaah, I don't like a thing they're doing and I don't understand how business works so I'm going to throw a tantrum" Isn't really a good starting point for any debate or discussion. He's entitled to do whatever he wants, I'm not here to say he can't chose to not pick up a PS5 (Honestly, more availability for me that way), but it's about as inane a stance to take as 'I've decided to take a shit in the downstairs bathroom because it's bigger! IT's not as close, but the toilet seat is more comfy!" Like, sure, shit wherever you want, but I have no idea why he or anyone else felt the need to share that info. 

I HAD something to say about it, but then deleted it and left only the simple comment subtly calling him immature and that his tantrum entertained me. 

That said, I didn't know 'you're salty' posts weren't allowed. I won't comment in this thread unless I have something of value to say. Got it. 

This feels like despite being directed at me, it's actually being addressed to the OP, and is along the same lines as the original post led to the in thread warning.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your intention was to clarify your earlier post to me, and not to indirectly attack the OP. In the future, if you want to comment on an in thread warning, including this post, please do so by PMing the mod. This way, there will be no confusion. Doing otherwise may lead to further moderator action.

ah yes, it was 100% to you, explaining my stance. I didn't really feel it'd be conducive to anyone to directly engage with OP (hence why I accept that I Really have nothing of value to say in this thread.) I only posted here in the thread instead of via PM so it was known what my intentions were. 

PEace out! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Mnementh said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Detroit isn't a Sony owned game. 

Sony moved it's gaming division headquarters to the USA back in 2016, and I think that has finally caught up with them. The American corporate culture is one of maximizing short term profits regardless of the long term financial effects. They'll chop down 10% of the trees (to sell as firewood) in the apple orchard if it means they can improve this year's profits by 4%. As for how they will make up for having a smaller apple harvest next year? Why, they'll just charge 10% more for their apples of course! After all consumers are just cattle to be milked. 

Why should I as a customer care for the long-term profit of the companies. Fact is: exclusivity isn't in the customers interest. I will buy the exclusive games if I want to play them, but I am actually happy for each game that is available on more platforms, accessible to more gamers.

Because without long term financial health a company either goes under or winds up charging more for it's goods and services.

Xxain said:

Remember Switch is in a Dark Abyss right now because Nintendo may or may not have exclusive content out this whole yea but switch just did 300k units.

Remember, Switch already has exclusive content out this year with Animal Crossin, Clubhouse Games and Origami King.

I agree with you premise that Switch *would* sell without exclusive content, but it actually does have this content too.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Mnementh said:

Because without long term financial health a company either goes under or winds up charging more for it's goods and services.

There is also a proper balance. And as a customer I don't see the need to take the stance of the company against my interests without good reason.

The only Sony game on Pc at the moment is HZD and they are “exploring” not confirming their games could go to PC.

But yeah let’s Over react!