By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I'm not buying a PS5, or any of Sony's games, until they are heavily discounted on PC.

If Sony wants to go full on 3rd party, then they should just release their games on PC day 1, and be done with it. They way they are going about it now is a slap in the face to both PC and PS5 users. It used to be that you would buy a console knowing that it's worth it, because all the exclusives would stay exclusive for the entire generation. But now that we know Sony is planning on releasing their exclusive content to PC, buying a PS5 isn't worth it. Now, the obvious solution to this is to just stick to PC gaming. After all, only a fool would buy a console that lacks exclusive content, or a functionality that sets it apart from a PC (Switch's portability for example). But Sony wants to go ahead and charge nearly full price for their three year old games on PC (See Horizon Zero Dawn's $50 price tag).

Well, I'm not going to pay full price for a digital version of a three year old game. Sure, I've payed $60 double dipping on Bayo 2, and Tropical Freeze. But I already had the Wii U versions of those games, which I sold to cover 1/3rd of the $60 price tag. Also those are physical games, that go into my collection and have a monetary worth to them. Digital games have no real world monetary value.

So I guess, I'll just be throwing Sony's games on my Steam wishlist, and then playing the ultra-long waiting game for them to be discounted at $50% off. Anything else is just giving in to their greed.

Around the Network

You measure your consoles worth by how many games it locks other people out of playing... Then call them giving options to consumers greed.

Alright mate. You might have to explain your stance a bit further.

Ok.

Satire?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don’t know how it is a slap in the face to PS users to release a 3 year old game on PC. Seems like a good way to try and increase awareness of your games.

PC is also portable, ever heard of a laptop?

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
You measure your consoles worth by how many games it locks other people out of playing... Then call them giving options to consumers greed.

Alright mate. You might have to explain your stance a bit further.

No, I measure a consoles worth by how many more games it allows me to play. And if it allows me to play zero more games then it is worthless to me. I'm not buying a PS5 for the exact same reason I never bought a Vita. I could play Vita games on PS4. I can play PS5 games on PC. It's not giving options that I'm calling greed. It's trying to charge nearly full price for a three year old, shoddy, digital version of a game, that I'm calling greed.

If Sony would just release their games onto PC day 1, I'd be fine with it. Instead I'm forced to choose between two equally stupid options. Either dump $500 into a machine that will ultimately be purposeless in a few years, or pay $50 for a digital version of a three year old game.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 29 August 2020

Jabba89 said:

Laptops have terrible battery life, and price to performance ratios compared to a self built tower. You also can't fix them easily.

I'm almost sure at least 50 percent of the people that bought a PS4 or for that matter an Xbox One, do not have a gaming capable PC. I got a Dell G3 this year making it my first "gaming" pc and I can tell you I still prefer to play on console. The greatest thing both MS and Sony can do is have all their game on PC. Their software sales will increase which means more games will be made for us who prefer console gaming.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Jabba89 said:

Laptops have terrible battery life, and price to performance ratios compared to a self built tower. You also can't fix them easily.

To be honest im a bit disppointed by my current laptop, got it to use 3ds max to render 3d models (im an architect) and the office PC with the same specs does the same renders faster. As my boy Grantaire once said: I am agog! I am aghast!

Soonerman said:
I'm almost sure at least 50 percent of the people that bought a PS4 or for that matter an Xbox One, do not have a gaming capable PC. I got a Dell G3 this year making it my first "gaming" pc and I can tell you I still prefer to play on console. The greatest thing both MS and Sony can do is have all their game on PC. Their software sales will increase which means more games will be made for us who prefer console gaming.

Money made from software sales can't make up for the 3rd party royalties that selling games on your console brings in.