By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I'm not buying a PS5, or any of Sony's games, until they are heavily discounted on PC.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Well, I'm not going to pay full price for a digital version of a three year old game. Sure, I've payed $60 double dipping on Bayo 2, and Tropical Freeze. But I already had the Wii U versions of those games, which I sold to cover 1/3rd of the $60 price tag. Also those are physical games, that go into my collection and have a monetary worth to them. Digital games have no real world monetary value.

So I guess, I'll just be throwing Sony's games on my Steam wishlist, and then playing the ultra-long waiting game for them to be discounted at $50% off. Anything else is just giving in to their greed.

blah blah blah. Enough of the moaning.  

Just use PSprices to track games you want and buy when discounted.

Around the Network

It seems obvious that exclusives wont be directly available for both platforms so most of them you will be able to play sooner on PS5.
And i find this a win win situation for gamers and Sony , more can enjoy the games AND Sony has more profit.

Cerebralbore101 said:

If Sony wants to go full on 3rd party, then they should just release their games on PC day 1, and be done with it. They way they are going about it now is a slap in the face to both PC and PS5 users. It used to be that you would buy a console knowing that it's worth it, because all the exclusives would stay exclusive for the entire generation. But now that we know Sony is planning on releasing their exclusive content to PC, buying a PS5 isn't worth it. Now, the obvious solution to this is to just stick to PC gaming. After all, only a fool would buy a console that lacks exclusive content, or a functionality that sets it apart from a PC (Switch's portability for example). But Sony wants to go ahead and charge nearly full price for their three year old games on PC (See Horizon Zero Dawn's $50 price tag).

Well, I'm not going to pay full price for a digital version of a three year old game. Sure, I've payed $60 double dipping on Bayo 2, and Tropical Freeze. But I already had the Wii U versions of those games, which I sold to cover 1/3rd of the $60 price tag. Also those are physical games, that go into my collection and have a monetary worth to them. Digital games have no real world monetary value.

So I guess, I'll just be throwing Sony's games on my Steam wishlist, and then playing the ultra-long waiting game for them to be discounted at $50% off. Anything else is just giving in to their greed.

Cry more. Your tears are delicious. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Cerebralbore101 said:

But now that we know Sony is planning on releasing their exclusive content to PC, buying a PS5 isn't worth it.

Sony released Detroit Become Human and Horizon on PC and says they're exploring, so now you automatically think that Sony will now put every single game on PC.....? LOL

kirby007 said:
Hynad said:
Can you overreact more to the word "exploring"?

Good post my man if i werent on mobile i would upvotr

Ikr? I almost caught up to your level! :D

Around the Network

Why is it hard for PC gamers to see that consoles are a cost effective and convenient alternative to spending thousands on a cutting edge PC? Sure Xbox exclusives are shared with PC...doesn’t mean I’m gonna get one. I’d rather spend the $500 on a Series X.

But to your topic, Sony’s strategy is counter intuitive to the very culture they have been creating and ingraining in their fans heads for years. You buy PS you get exclusive access to their 1st party games.

Now it’s up in the air. We don’t know what’s gonna come next and how long we have to wait to get them. Just once, once, I wish Sony doesn’t copy what MS is doing years later.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This aint it boo

A consoles worth should not be decided by the amount games not found on other consoles, but the breath of attractive content available to you. I would much rather have a console that shared most of its library, than have a console that was only worth its exclusives and nothing else.... like N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U ya know? Sounds like something only a fool would do.

I'm happy about their decision and I hope all their games come to PC. I already enjoy Gamepass and PC focused games, now I can play PS games at some point? Sweet! I never was planning to buy a PS5 anyway, so now they are going to get money from me for Horizon and, hopefully, god of War and Spiderman and more.

Sony releasing their exclusive at a high/full price on PC is the same as Nintendo porting their Wii U games on Deitch at full price.
They wouldn't port it if they can't charge gamers at full/high price.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

V-r0cK said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

But now that we know Sony is planning on releasing their exclusive content to PC, buying a PS5 isn't worth it.

Sony released Detroit Become Human and Horizon on PC and says they're exploring, so now you automatically think that Sony will now put every single game on PC.....? LOL

Detroit isn't a Sony owned game. 

Sony moved it's gaming division headquarters to the USA back in 2016, and I think that has finally caught up with them. The American corporate culture is one of maximizing short term profits regardless of the long term financial effects. They'll chop down 10% of the trees (to sell as firewood) in the apple orchard if it means they can improve this year's profits by 4%. As for how they will make up for having a smaller apple harvest next year? Why, they'll just charge 10% more for their apples of course! After all consumers are just cattle to be milked.