By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I'm not buying a PS5, or any of Sony's games, until they are heavily discounted on PC.

If saving $20 or $30 is worth waiting years to play a game that you want to play to you, then go for it. Personally, doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, but I understand some people are a bit tighter with their wallets. I’m not getting a ps5 anytime soon because they haven’t shown me anything I want to play yet.... but that is a very different reason...

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Why is it hard for PC gamers to see that consoles are a cost effective and convenient alternative to spending thousands on a cutting edge PC? Sure Xbox exclusives are shared with PC...doesn’t mean I’m gonna get one. I’d rather spend the $500 on a Series X.

What does that even have to do with the Sony sales report focus?. You know the complete opposite is also true, right?, even without spending fabled thousands. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Sony has said expect more of its first-party games to come to PC. That's different than Microsoft admitting all of their first-party games will be on PC, like almost every Xbox One game was. There will likely still be dozens of true exclusives to the PS5, whether first or third party. I do agree on holding out on a PS5 for the software prices to go down, and if you're patient enough the hardware price will too.
I just got a PS4 last year. Well over 90% of the games I wanted to play were under $60. Plenty of them are $20 and under, especially with sales. In between the games being expensive at first and my recent purchase of the PS4 (relatively speaking), I have no reason to get a PS5 any time soon.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

"We will explore expanding our first-party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability."

And you translate this to:

"PS5 won’t have any first party exclusives", and throw a tantrum over it.

I’ll jump to a conclusion as well and say that for some reason I doubt you ever intended to get a PS5 in the first place.

Runa216 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

If Sony wants to go full on 3rd party, then they should just release their games on PC day 1, and be done with it. They way they are going about it now is a slap in the face to both PC and PS5 users. It used to be that you would buy a console knowing that it's worth it, because all the exclusives would stay exclusive for the entire generation. But now that we know Sony is planning on releasing their exclusive content to PC, buying a PS5 isn't worth it. Now, the obvious solution to this is to just stick to PC gaming. After all, only a fool would buy a console that lacks exclusive content, or a functionality that sets it apart from a PC (Switch's portability for example). But Sony wants to go ahead and charge nearly full price for their three year old games on PC (See Horizon Zero Dawn's $50 price tag).

Well, I'm not going to pay full price for a digital version of a three year old game. Sure, I've payed $60 double dipping on Bayo 2, and Tropical Freeze. But I already had the Wii U versions of those games, which I sold to cover 1/3rd of the $60 price tag. Also those are physical games, that go into my collection and have a monetary worth to them. Digital games have no real world monetary value.

So I guess, I'll just be throwing Sony's games on my Steam wishlist, and then playing the ultra-long waiting game for them to be discounted at $50% off. Anything else is just giving in to their greed.

Cry more. Your tears are delicious. 

"You're salty" posts are against the rules, so just don't do them. Instead, explain why you think the OP's reaction is unreasonable (which I think is the point), or refrain from commenting.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
sales2099 said:
Why is it hard for PC gamers to see that consoles are a cost effective and convenient alternative to spending thousands on a cutting edge PC? Sure Xbox exclusives are shared with PC...doesn’t mean I’m gonna get one. I’d rather spend the $500 on a Series X.

What does that even have to do with the Sony sales report focus?. You know the complete opposite is also true, right?, even without spending fabled thousands. 

OP said PC is the way to go with this new initiative. As someone who would rather spend hundreds on a console then thousands on a cutting edge PC I just wanted to say the opposite is still viable. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Cerebralbore101 said:

So I guess, I'll just be throwing Sony's games on my Steam wishlist, and then playing the ultra-long waiting game for them to be discounted at $50% off. Anything else is just giving in to their greed.

Whats the big deal then? PS5 offers much more than just exclusives.

KingofTrolls said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

What does it offer beyond that? 

Cerebralbore101 said:
KingofTrolls said:

What does it offer beyond that? 

A price friendly way to play all 3rd party games for the next 5 years. Compared to a similar specced gaming PC, a console is cheap and very easy to plug and play.

Adfitionally, I buy all my games 6-12 months after release so it doesn't matter to me that PC games (in my country at least) tend to be cheaper at launch.

JWeinCom said:
Runa216 said:

Cry more. Your tears are delicious. 

"You're salty" posts are against the rules, so just don't do them. Instead, explain why you think the OP's reaction is unreasonable (which I think is the point), or refrain from commenting.

*shrugs* I don't really have much more to say. I think it's hilarious any time someone makes such a big deal out of nothing, cries foul when things slightly don't go their way, and think they have some big point about consumerism and choice and company greed or whatever. 

You are right, though. I probably shouldn't have said anything. Honestly, nobody should have. "Waaah, I don't like a thing they're doing and I don't understand how business works so I'm going to throw a tantrum" Isn't really a good starting point for any debate or discussion. He's entitled to do whatever he wants, I'm not here to say he can't chose to not pick up a PS5 (Honestly, more availability for me that way), but it's about as inane a stance to take as 'I've decided to take a shit in the downstairs bathroom because it's bigger! IT's not as close, but the toilet seat is more comfy!" Like, sure, shit wherever you want, but I have no idea why he or anyone else felt the need to share that info. 

I HAD something to say about it, but then deleted it and left only the simple comment subtly calling him immature and that his tantrum entertained me. 

That said, I didn't know 'you're salty' posts weren't allowed. I won't comment in this thread unless I have something of value to say. Got it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android