By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I'm not buying a PS5, or any of Sony's games, until they are heavily discounted on PC.

It does strike me as reducing the value of the console if the exclusives are not exclusive.

It probably won’t affect Sony that much in the long run if they keep the games three yeárs behind, it some of the reactions online are very interesting. Shows how brainwashed we are into our positions on a random consumer product.

Around the Network

I get the OP idea, but I still don't fancy building a PC to get to play Horizon. Even on PC now, I can download it on my PS4 for pennies.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I don't see how that is a problem. The industry is changing with subscription services and streaming becoming more viable. With PS Now, their titles would have been on PC anyway, even if they weren't technically released, so they might as well release them in "strategic" fashion.

Sony has lots of incentive to have PS5 exclusives to make their platform appealing. Make no mistake, Sony is making billions in profit with their closed ecosystem, they won't jeopardize that with day and date PC releases. Sure, we might be getting more PS5 exclusives ported to PC, but I think it'll be handled like PS4 exclusives, a port three or four years down the line, when PS5 exclusives start hitting PS Now.

Haha what? Sony are a long way from releasing all their games on PC. Let alone launch aligned.

I'd love it if they did then I could save myself a lot of money and not buy a console this generation.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Some key points I found when skimming through Sony's financial report:

"Competition from online PC games and players from other industries is expected to continue to intensify. The fundamental growth strategy will be to innovate and evolve the PlayStation Platform. To this end, SIE intends to make proactive investments to reinforce content IP, and work to raise brand value, foster communities and user engagement, while enhancing DTC services that get closer to users."

"Through maintaining the momentum and ecosystem that PS4 built up until now, we will promote a smooth transition to the PS5. SIE aims to achieve robust revenue growth by accelerating the virtuous cycle that has been established for the PlayStation Platform. This entails increasing active users and play time, enhancing network services and reinforcing content IP so that consumers select PlayStation as their platform of choice."

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
The only Sony game on Pc at the moment is HZD and they are “exploring” not confirming their games could go to PC.

But yeah let’s Over react!

Sony also published their VR game "Groundhog Day: Like Father like Son" on Steam. 

Their games are coming :3

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
kazuyamishima said:
The only Sony game on Pc at the moment is HZD and they are “exploring” not confirming their games could go to PC.

But yeah let’s Over react!

Sony also published their VR game "Groundhog Day: Like Father like Son" on Steam. 

Their games are coming :3

Damn, Sony is Doomed!!

For me, I prefer playing my games on console. I like the plug and play nature of home consoles to the point that I never use my computer's for gaming, unless it's something that isn't available on console.

Can't please everyone, but I would prefer the company that tries vs the ones that listen strictly to fanboys.