By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I'm Keeping my Switch, and Digital Refunds!

Tagged games:

I agree the game should have online player and would be more enjoyable if it was included. Still you should have done your research before buying the game. I had a similar situation with Overcooked on PS4. I was about to buy so I could play online co-op with my friend. Luckily I looked into the game before completing the purchase and realized it does not have online mutiplayer, only couch co-op.

New Super Mario Deluxe U was my first Switch game. I paid around $35 for through Amazon with a discount. The game is not amazing or anything but it is enjoyable. I think it works in short bursts in handheld mode. I think you should give the game a chance at least since you already paid for it. This is also why I buy my Switch games physically. (Next gen all my PS5 games will be digital.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I was gonna say £130 (if you're in the UK) but you're absolutely right they're selling fast on ebay. 

lol, this is hilarious

As a general reply to common themes:

1. yes I absolutely accept that I should have done my research. I assumed I would be able to play online since I had fond memories back in the says of the DS Lite of playing coop. yet This doesn't really excuse their business practice though. Industry standard Steam sales offer an hour of play and then a total no-question refund if you request it. Xbox and Playstation have more cumbersome returns polices than Steam but it is more than possible (edit: sometimes possible). I'm not even asking for refunds - I loved the idea of those Nintendo tickets or tokens where you can redeem for a triple-A first party game. Revoking the licence to Mario bros and crediting one of those would be a very happy compromise. 

2. not taking relationship advice here. 

3. Yes I agree saying "i'm not buying another" was over the top - i'd just spent over an hour reading about court cases and scouring through their returns policy so wasn't exactly in a reasonable mood/ 

4. I bought the Digital edition because of the nifty "primary switch" system. for those who don't know, you can designate a friend's switch as your primary in order to share games. Figured it would be cheaper to buy one digital than one physical copy each.  

Last edited by AkimboCurly - on 14 August 2020

I always find it funny when people make a mistake and try to blame others for it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

You're right that no refunds on digital products is anti-consumer and a garbage policy. Nintendo, and for that matter Sony/MS are all at fault here, and it's shocking.

You're right to be upset, even if it was your mistake for not checking propperly. Refunds should be available.

The console makers need to catchup, Steam and even the Epic Game Store allow refunds.

It isn't a company's fault if someone buys their product without fully knowing what's in the product unless that company doesn't provide that information. It's all over the internet. There has never been a 2-D Mario game with online multiplayer. Maybe their next one, but why would you assume one originally released in 2012 would have it?

And seriously, Nintendo products have as far as I know always kept their price. Why do they do this? Because their games usually are just as fun years later as the day they launched, are very replayable, and most importantly they know their consumers don't care and will buy them anyway. Other companies can't get the sales figures Nintendo does unless they slash MSRP, but if Nintendo doesn't have to do that to tell the game why would they? More profit for them means more fun games created by them for us to enjoy.

Bye, I guess?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

K bye. Do research next time before buying a terrible game. Plus another notch for physical

Last edited by Leynos - on 14 August 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

What will Nintendo do now, losing you as a customer is a big blow. I hope they reconsider their strategy going forward.
Thoughts and prayers to Barca fans.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 14 August 2020