By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I'm Keeping my Switch, and Digital Refunds!

Tagged games:

this is 100% your fault for 1. buying digital, and 2. being generally uninformed. boo hoo for your sixty bucks guess you'll have to put off retirement.

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 15 August 2020

Around the Network

Lol!! This is pretty pathetic!!

User warned - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 15 August 2020

I appreciate a good consumer rage thread. It's a rich part of my early history here. I can see where you're coming from with the way the game was promoted with, at the very least, a highly dubious bullet point. "Nintendo Switch Online Compatible"? Quiiiite the stretch when all that is referring to is cloud saves. And the policy is pretty terrible too. I wasn't even aware how poorly Nintendo and Sony treat customers in this regard.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
I appreciate a good consumer rage thread. It's a rich part of my early history here. I can see where you're coming from with the way the game was promoted with, at the very least, a highly dubious bullet point. "Nintendo Switch Online Compatible"? Quiiiite the stretch when all that is referring to is cloud saves. And the policy is pretty terrible too. I wasn't even aware how poorly Nintendo and Sony treat customers in this regard.

But... if you click on the page the game tells you exactly what it supports. 

KLXVER said:
You have a complaint about Nintendo and you post about it on VGChartz... Might as well complain to your wall. At least then you wont get ridiculed.

Rekt.

Around the Network

Epic hissyfit =P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Yeah. Lets try to be constructive and civil.
Op has valid consumer concerns, which should be respected.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

This thread is civil compared to 8chan.

Dulfite said:
This thread is civil compared to 8chan.

Well so is the Civil War.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Nintendo's policy is utter nonsense.

Yeah, the dude fucked up.

As posted above, every other major storefront does better than this, with most of them doing much better. If he had purchased this game in most other stores, then realized it wasn't right for him in a few minutes, or even up to two hours in most cases, he'd have his money back without difficulty. But, from Nintendo, he gets a "We're very sorry. Fuck you."

Anyway, the best way to combat these policies is to not buy on the e-shop, and to talk about this stuff wherever you can. Nintendo is very, very slow to adapt, but they will eventually get it right. The more we complain and the less we buy, the sooner they'll straighten up.