By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch - 30th October

Lazy!! Pathetic!! I don’t expect anything from Nintendo this year anymore.

Around the Network

Pikmin 4 is better. Port is a lazy job, Nintendo. 

I literally almost bought Pikmin 3 a few weeks ago. Glad I held off!

RolStoppable said:
sundin13 said:
I literally almost bought Pikmin 3 a few weeks ago. Glad I held off!

Is the word 'literally' in this particular sentence a method for emphasis, such as adding a 'do' or 'did' in front of another verb?

I literally bought Hey Pikmin! for the 3DS yesterday. Yes, I did buy it. True story.

The idea of the literally is more attached to the "a few weeks ago" than the "almost bought", so I guess I should have worded that sentence differently. "I almost bought Pikmin 3 literally a few weeks ago" is probably more grammatically correct but it sounds a bit off.

It is a way to express that I am not hyperbolizing when I say "a few weeks ago".

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, bud.

RolStoppable said:
shikamaru317 said:
Wasn't Pikmin 4 announced like 7 years ago or something, and still hasn't released? Crazy.

Nope, that was merely Shigeru Miyamoto's desire that the game should get made. Nintendo themselves never put it on their sheet of upcoming games for any of their consoles, a good way to confirm that the game's "announcement" was never legit in the first place.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

I dunno, seems pretty clearly announced way back in 2015.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
shikamaru317 said:
Wasn't Pikmin 4 announced like 7 years ago or something, and still hasn't released? Crazy.

Nope, that was merely Shigeru Miyamoto's desire that the game should get made. Nintendo themselves never put it on their sheet of upcoming games for any of their consoles, a good way to confirm that the game's "announcement" was never legit in the first place.

No, he indeed said that a Pikmin project was near completion, and that project has been proven to not be Hey Pikmin. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

This is not Xenoblade X. So my Switch drought continues.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Good news
1. Pikmin 3 is coming to Switch.
Bad news
1. Nintendo continues to charge $59.99 for Wii U ports when they should be $39.99 or under.
2. Pikmin 3 is removed from the Wii U eShop.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Signalstar said:
$59.99 for a port of 7 year old game? What is wrong with Nintendo?

Nothing: if they can get away with it, they're in to make good money on this port.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Signalstar said:
$59.99 for a port of 7 year old game? What is wrong with Nintendo?

What is wrong with their consumer base, more like 

Nothing: everyone has their price. Some will agree with the price and buy, others will pass on the game or wait on a discount.

RolStoppable said:
sundin13 said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

I dunno, seems pretty clearly announced way back in 2015.

And in 2020 it is totally clear that Pikmin 4 was not close to completion because otherwise it would have been released by now.

Like I said, Nintendo never put Pikmin 4 on their release lists in financial statements. Other games that were announced early, like Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 can be found on those lists, but Pikmin 4 never showed up. That is especially weird if you believe in the link you posted, that the game was not only in development, but already close to completion.

Furthermore, Miyamoto said that "the Pikmin team is always working on the next game" which is laughable considering the sales of the IP.

Yeah, I figured that they had it pretty far along for Wii U and then when they transitioned to Switch, the team mostly got put on different projects.

Still, real weird either way. Nintendo said clearly Pikmin 4 is in development so maybe its just vaporware at this point. I'm taking that as an official announcement though.