By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch - 30th October

Yes, I've been waiting for this

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I really feel like the timing of this was to show investors they had something for the fiscal year. It was the day before the earnings release and something they can just shadow drop.

That said, we shouldn't be having ports this late into the Switch's life. In 2018, even 2019, it was more forgivable. But its 2020. Nintendo should be showing off new titles for Switch, not more Wii U ports. I'm concerned there are some development troubles within Nintendo that likely predate COVID. It was already questionable when Nintendo delayed Animal Crossing and blamed "crunch". I'm thinking Nintendo has some issues they need to work out.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

VideoGameAccountant said:
I really feel like the timing of this was to show investors they had something for the fiscal year. It was the day before the earnings release and something they can just shadow drop.

That said, we shouldn't be having ports this late into the Switch's life. In 2018, even 2019, it was more forgivable. But its 2020. Nintendo should be showing off new titles for Switch, not more Wii U ports. I'm concerned there are some development troubles within Nintendo that likely predate COVID. It was already questionable when Nintendo delayed Animal Crossing and blamed "crunch". I'm thinking Nintendo has some issues they need to work out.

I'm hoping its just because with the success of the Switch they want the lifecycle to be ~7 years before the successor comes out so they know they still need new first party games in years 5, 6, 7 that aren't just 2nd or 3rd new versions of these games on Switch. So I'm hoping stuff like 2D Mario, DKC, Pikmin, get their first new version on the Switch in '21-'23. It makes sense to port the Wii U games over to Switch, it's really dumb that they sell them for full price (and it would help with marketing if they had Wii U ports at $40 and then later when a new version comes out they could be like hey the first new game in the series on Switch!) but it's cool we get all those Wii U games...as long as we eventually get new versions of those games at some point on the Switch. If they don't have some new stuff for the holidays plus a big year next year I will really start wondering if they just told half their teams to rest and vest ha, cuz ports really should not take away a ton of time from making new games.