Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch - 30th October

Never played a Pikman game before, so I will likely check this out. As for the price, it is new to me and thats all I care about. I buy most of my games new at launch so this is irrelevant to me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I got it for free with mario kart 8 on the wii u so I don't mind paying for it this time, assuming the bonus content is significant

Still have the Wii U version in shrink wrap.

sundin13 said:
RolStoppable said:

And in 2020 it is totally clear that Pikmin 4 was not close to completion because otherwise it would have been released by now.

Like I said, Nintendo never put Pikmin 4 on their release lists in financial statements. Other games that were announced early, like Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 can be found on those lists, but Pikmin 4 never showed up. That is especially weird if you believe in the link you posted, that the game was not only in development, but already close to completion.

Furthermore, Miyamoto said that "the Pikmin team is always working on the next game" which is laughable considering the sales of the IP.

Yeah, I figured that they had it pretty far along for Wii U and then when they transitioned to Switch, the team mostly got put on different projects.

Still, real weird either way. Nintendo said clearly Pikmin 4 is in development so maybe its just vaporware at this point. I'm taking that as an official announcement though.

You are wrong. Nintendo didn't say that Pikmin 4 is in development, only Miyamoto did. But Miyamoto is not Nintendo.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150729_2e.pdf

This is the earnings release from late July 2015, so about one week after Miyamoto's statement of Pikmin 4 being close to completion. The second to last page of the document lists Project Giant Robot, a prototype of a game that never made it to release on the Wii U, but Pikmin 4 is nowhere to be found despite allegedly being close to completion. Project Giant Robot proves that Nintendo put absolutely everything they had announced on the Wii U list, so why would they have left Pikmin 4 off if the game really existed? Makes no sense.

Same story in October 2015: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/151028_3e.pdf

Same story in February 2016: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160202_2e.pdf

There haven't even been screenshots, let alone trailers, for Pikmin 4 either. The only hints at the game's existence were statements made by Miyamoto in casual interviews. Statements that were never backed up in any way, shape or form by Nintendo.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Signalstar said:
$59.99 for a port of 7 year old game? What is wrong with Nintendo?

They've done worse. Like for example, $59.99 for a port of a game that used to cost $49.99 at launch.

Around the Network

Ok the difficulty options were the first to stand out... But if I can also play with the wife then I'm 100% double dippin'.

1doesnotsimply

Not a surprising announcement. I have already played it and enjoyed it. Not really interested in buying it again. Plus $60 is a ridiculous price for it.

Those who missed out on this game on the Wii U are in for a treat. I wonder what ever happened to that soon to be released Pikmin game from 3 or 4 years ago, lol.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Damn another port. I mean I haven't played this game, and it's a new Pikmin to most people, but still makes me wonder where all of Nintendo studios time is going since they consolidated all teams to one system yet they are releasing a bunch of their series as ports instead of new games. Like seriously what are all their teams doing?? I get re-releasing Wii U games that nobody got to play as a good business move, but they should also be releasing new games in these series as well given that they are only supporting one system now. Maybe that's why Nintendo says Switch is gonna be around for an extra long time, maybe in years 5, 6, 7 they'll release new versions of ported series like Mario Kart, 2D Mario, Pikmin, Bayonetta, DKC, etc.

Anyway, I might pick this up when it goes on 50% sale at some point, but won't pay more than that. Wii U ports should never be sold at full price, even if given extra features. Haven't played Pikmin since the original but I seem to remember enjoying it. Glad we are finally starting to get a glimpse of Nintendo's Fall offerings. Hopefully see what this Mario anniversary is all about in the next few weeks.

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 05 August 2020

RolStoppable said:
sundin13 said:

Yeah, I figured that they had it pretty far along for Wii U and then when they transitioned to Switch, the team mostly got put on different projects.

Still, real weird either way. Nintendo said clearly Pikmin 4 is in development so maybe its just vaporware at this point. I'm taking that as an official announcement though.

You are wrong. Nintendo didn't say that Pikmin 4 is in development, only Miyamoto did. But Miyamoto is not Nintendo.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150729_2e.pdf

This is the earnings release from late July 2015, so about one week after Miyamoto's statement of Pikmin 4 being close to completion. The second to last page of the document lists Project Giant Robot, a prototype of a game that never made it to release on the Wii U, but Pikmin 4 is nowhere to be found despite allegedly being close to completion. Project Giant Robot proves that Nintendo put absolutely everything they had announced on the Wii U list, so why would they have left Pikmin 4 off if the game really existed? Makes no sense.

Same story in October 2015: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/151028_3e.pdf

Same story in February 2016: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160202_2e.pdf

There haven't even been screenshots, let alone trailers, for Pikmin 4 either. The only hints at the game's existence were statements made by Miyamoto in casual interviews. Statements that were never backed up in any way, shape or form by Nintendo.

From the link I posted earlier:

Nintendo then confirmed the news to Eurogamer in a separate statement:

"We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."

sundin13 said:

From the link I posted earlier:

Nintendo then confirmed the news to Eurogamer in a separate statement:

"We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."

Dismissed, because Nintendo UK (the logical contact for Eurogamer) wouldn't dare to disagree with what a high NCL employee says; whenever asked, European subsidiaries merely repeat words because they have no actual insight. NCL itself didn't back up Miyamoto as you can see in the links I provided.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club