By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch - 30th October

Still have the Wii U version in shrink wrap.

Around the Network

Ok the difficulty options were the first to stand out... But if I can also play with the wife then I'm 100% double dippin'.

1doesnotsimply

Damn another port. I mean I haven't played this game, and it's a new Pikmin to most people, but still makes me wonder where all of Nintendo studios time is going since they consolidated all teams to one system yet they are releasing a bunch of their series as ports instead of new games. Like seriously what are all their teams doing?? I get re-releasing Wii U games that nobody got to play as a good business move, but they should also be releasing new games in these series as well given that they are only supporting one system now. Maybe that's why Nintendo says Switch is gonna be around for an extra long time, maybe in years 5, 6, 7 they'll release new versions of ported series like Mario Kart, 2D Mario, Pikmin, Bayonetta, DKC, etc.

Anyway, I might pick this up when it goes on 50% sale at some point, but won't pay more than that. Wii U ports should never be sold at full price, even if given extra features. Haven't played Pikmin since the original but I seem to remember enjoying it. Glad we are finally starting to get a glimpse of Nintendo's Fall offerings. Hopefully see what this Mario anniversary is all about in the next few weeks.

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 05 August 2020

RolStoppable said:
sundin13 said:

Yeah, I figured that they had it pretty far along for Wii U and then when they transitioned to Switch, the team mostly got put on different projects.

Still, real weird either way. Nintendo said clearly Pikmin 4 is in development so maybe its just vaporware at this point. I'm taking that as an official announcement though.

You are wrong. Nintendo didn't say that Pikmin 4 is in development, only Miyamoto did. But Miyamoto is not Nintendo.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150729_2e.pdf

This is the earnings release from late July 2015, so about one week after Miyamoto's statement of Pikmin 4 being close to completion. The second to last page of the document lists Project Giant Robot, a prototype of a game that never made it to release on the Wii U, but Pikmin 4 is nowhere to be found despite allegedly being close to completion. Project Giant Robot proves that Nintendo put absolutely everything they had announced on the Wii U list, so why would they have left Pikmin 4 off if the game really existed? Makes no sense.

Same story in October 2015: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/151028_3e.pdf

Same story in February 2016: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160202_2e.pdf

There haven't even been screenshots, let alone trailers, for Pikmin 4 either. The only hints at the game's existence were statements made by Miyamoto in casual interviews. Statements that were never backed up in any way, shape or form by Nintendo.

From the link I posted earlier:

Nintendo then confirmed the news to Eurogamer in a separate statement:

"We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."

Solid Pikmin. I’m happy people will play it. I like the stylus controls from WiiU the best.

Around the Network

Now let's make predictions how fast the Switch version will outsell the lifetime 1.23m units of Pikmin 3 on Wii U. I'd say it'll take 3 weeks.

With all of these Wii U games (all that's left from my "must own Wii U games are the Zeldas and SM 3DW) I wonder if a lot of people regret not getting a Wii U back in the day. A lot of the best games on Switch are just old Wii U games that they could have enjoyed years ago.

d21lewis said:
With all of these Wii U games (all that's left from my "must own Wii U games are the Zeldas and SM 3DW) I wonder if a lot of people regret not getting a Wii U back in the day. A lot of the best games on Switch are just old Wii U games that they could have enjoyed years ago.

Don't regret not having a Wii U at all. Switch is wayyyyyy better and I can get some Wii U games if I choose to without having to buy Nintendo's biggest failure - I've gotten Zelda though of course that was joint release, Mario Kart, DKC, and NSMB, might get Pikmin, and will get Wind Waker and Prime Trilogy if they bring it. Though honestly disappointed in DKC and NSMB, NBSM is pretty mediocre for a Mario game and I dunno maybe I'm just not into DKC games anymore, though granted I'm only in the second world of DKC so far.

There's a big difference between picking up a few old ports on your current system and regretting not buying a previous (complete failure of a) system. I bought FF7/8/9 plus a couple more PS1 RPGs when I got a PS2 (and bought them again on Switch), that doesn't mean I regret not having a PS1. Wii U was a failure, if people had wanted it they would have bought it. Nobody regrets not having a Wii U. Hell even more so now! Because with a Switch you'll be able to get most of the top selling software from the Wii U. If anything this means even more people would regret BUYING a Wii U.

d21lewis said:

Kinda the opposite. I skipped a 350 USD console where I would have played only 6 to 8 games and then would buy another console 3 years later because Wii U support ended pretty fast

Now I can play the same games and won't bother to buy a new console for at east 3 more years

FarleyMcFirefly said:
So I'm actually really excited about this because it looks like there will be an easier difficulty option. I hope.

I LOVED the gameplay of Pikmin 3 (the only one I've played), but I couldn't beat it. The time constraints stressed me out.

You'd probably enjoy Pikmin 2 a bit more - it's much kinder on time constraints. There are no limits on the amount of in-game days you can spend in the world, and a big chunk of your time is spent in underground cave systems, where time doesn't pass at all and you can do things at your leisure.