By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch - 30th October

sundin13 said:
RolStoppable said:

And in 2020 it is totally clear that Pikmin 4 was not close to completion because otherwise it would have been released by now.

Like I said, Nintendo never put Pikmin 4 on their release lists in financial statements. Other games that were announced early, like Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 can be found on those lists, but Pikmin 4 never showed up. That is especially weird if you believe in the link you posted, that the game was not only in development, but already close to completion.

Furthermore, Miyamoto said that "the Pikmin team is always working on the next game" which is laughable considering the sales of the IP.

Yeah, I figured that they had it pretty far along for Wii U and then when they transitioned to Switch, the team mostly got put on different projects.

Still, real weird either way. Nintendo said clearly Pikmin 4 is in development so maybe its just vaporware at this point. I'm taking that as an official announcement though.

Yeah, it's vaporware, unfortunately. The series is not a priority for the company. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I have it for the WiiU, but I might be tempted to get it for the new content. Good for people who never played it though. Great game.

Miyamoto once said that Pikmin 4 would profit from 4K. Since Nintendo Switch can't display 4K, we maybe need to wait until new hardware will be announced and then get Pikmin 4.

I mean, I'm not gonna yuck someone else's yum but uh, yeah. Pass. Glad for those who are excited for this one. And it's $60... yeah.

Fucking hell, it has been 7 years since 3 and all I get is a Deluxe version.

But it has new content! New content that would have been nice in a new game.

Nobody owned it on Wii U! Pikmin was never a big seller anyways, may as well get a new Deluxe version of every game till one hits 5m or some other arbitrary number.

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:

Fucking hell, it has been 7 years since 3 and all I get is a Deluxe version.

But it has new content! New content that would have been nice in a new game.

Nobody owned it on Wii U! Pikmin was never a big seller anyways, may as well get a new Deluxe version of every game till one hits 5m or some other arbitrary number.

Anyone that bought Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U during during the launch month got a choice of one of like 10 games for free to download, one of which was Pikmin 3.  I myself got Pikmin for free and I'm sure many other did as well.  At the time these were the games you could pick a free game from. the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, New Super Mario Bros. U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, Nintendo Land, Wii Party U and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.

Nice, but I'm not spending full price on a several-year-old port. Even Hyrule Warriors, which is currently at $50, is pushing it for me. Should be 40 tops, and that's with ample enhancements and extra content.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Probably my absolute favorite Wii U game and maybe goty whichever year it came out. This is amazing news!

I just wonder if it'll lose anything without the second screen. One of the few games that justified the Wii U's two screen format, imo.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 05 August 2020

Never played a Pikman game before, so I will likely check this out. As for the price, it is new to me and thats all I care about. I buy most of my games new at launch so this is irrelevant to me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I got it for free with mario kart 8 on the wii u so I don't mind paying for it this time, assuming the bonus content is significant