Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch - 30th October

RolStoppable said:
sundin13 said:
I literally almost bought Pikmin 3 a few weeks ago. Glad I held off!

Is the word 'literally' in this particular sentence a method for emphasis, such as adding a 'do' or 'did' in front of another verb?

I literally bought Hey Pikmin! for the 3DS yesterday. Yes, I did buy it. True story.

The idea of the literally is more attached to the "a few weeks ago" than the "almost bought", so I guess I should have worded that sentence differently. "I almost bought Pikmin 3 literally a few weeks ago" is probably more grammatically correct but it sounds a bit off.

It is a way to express that I am not hyperbolizing when I say "a few weeks ago".

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, bud.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
RolStoppable said:

Is the word 'literally' in this particular sentence a method for emphasis, such as adding a 'do' or 'did' in front of another verb?

I literally bought Hey Pikmin! for the 3DS yesterday. Yes, I did buy it. True story.

The idea of the literally is more attached to the "a few weeks ago" than the "almost bought", so I guess I should have worded that sentence differently. "I almost bought Pikmin 3 literally a few weeks ago" is probably more grammatically correct but it sounds a bit off.

It is a way to express that I am not hyperbolizing when I say "a few weeks ago".

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, bud.

It was honestly a genuine question. Poking you with an actual stick will be for another time.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Wasn't Pikmin 4 announced like 7 years ago or something, and still hasn't released? Crazy.

shikamaru317 said:
Wasn't Pikmin 4 announced like 7 years ago or something, and still hasn't released? Crazy.

Nope, that was merely Shigeru Miyamoto's desire that the game should get made. Nintendo themselves never put it on their sheet of upcoming games for any of their consoles, a good way to confirm that the game's "announcement" was never legit in the first place.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
shikamaru317 said:

Nope, that was merely Shigeru Miyamoto's desire that the game should get made. Nintendo themselves never put it on their sheet of upcoming games for any of their consoles, a good way to confirm that the game's "announcement" was never legit in the first place.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

I dunno, seems pretty clearly announced way back in 2015.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
shikamaru317 said:

No, he indeed said that a Pikmin project was near completion, and that project has been proven to not be Hey Pikmin. 

RolStoppable said:
shikamaru317 said:

Didn't he say that the game was "very close to completion" in 2015? That is what I'm reading in articles from the time. That is a really poor choice of wording if so. "Nearly close to completion" does not seem to equal "I want it to be made but it might not happen".

This is not Xenoblade X. So my Switch drought continues.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Good news
1. Pikmin 3 is coming to Switch.
Bad news
1. Nintendo continues to charge $59.99 for Wii U ports when they should be $39.99 or under.
2. Pikmin 3 is removed from the Wii U eShop.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Signalstar said:
$59.99 for a port of 7 year old game? What is wrong with Nintendo?

Nothing: if they can get away with it, they're in to make good money on this port.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Signalstar said:
$59.99 for a port of 7 year old game? What is wrong with Nintendo?

What is wrong with their consumer base, more like 

Nothing: everyone has their price. Some will agree with the price and buy, others will pass on the game or wait on a discount.