Forums - Movies Discussion - What was the First Movie You Saw in Theaters?

Tagged games:

Leynos said:
Snow White. The animated Disney film. For a log time Disney refused to release it on VHS so they still only showed it in a theatre.

1993, I take it? Or even earlier than that? Yup, Snow White was the final untouchable to be released on home video. That is unless you count Oliver & Company and The Black Cauldron as untouchables. Fantasia was a hold-out for a while as well, not intended to be released on home video. It had a 50th anniversary re-release in 1990, then a limited-run video release in late 1991.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
Leynos said:
Snow White. The animated Disney film. For a log time Disney refused to release it on VHS so they still only showed it in a theatre.

1993, I take it? Or even earlier than that? Yup, Snow White was the final untouchable to be released on home video. That is unless you count Oliver & Company and The Black Cauldron as untouchables. Fantasia was a hold-out for a while as well, not intended to be released on home video. It had a 50th anniversary re-release in 1990, then a limited-run video release in late 1991.

Mid 80s when I saw it

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Bambi, I think in 1978. I was around 4 when my parents took me. I don't remember going. My earliest memory of the cinema is from some birthday party and we were more interested in exploring the theater than watching the movie. I don't remember that movie either but do remember ending up behind the screen at some point which was quite fascinating.

The little Mermaid

Second one was Police Academy VII

Third one was either Babe or Toy Story

Pocahontas, I was like 4

Around the Network

The Land Before Time.

I think for me it was batman and robin. The one with Arnold Schwarzenegger as Freeze. I really liked it as a kid and I like it still, albeit for different reasons.

I miss those good old Disney movies.

CaptainExplosion said:

I think it was the 90s re-release of Star Wars A New Hope.

Yeah, me too! 

I went to the cinema all the time when I was young. I can't quite remember what was my first movie though. Probably The Lion King.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.