By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What was the First Movie You Saw in Theaters?

Tagged games:

Quoted myself instead of editing. :-/

Around the Network

The first movie I can remember seeing in theaters was Land Before Time and I would of been 5 years old.

Toy Story 2, for sure. Maybe Tarzan, but that's a little fuzzy. It would've been earlier in 1999, and I can't remember. If I was ever brought when I was under 2 and a half, I can't remember.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Snow White. The animated Disney film. For a log time Disney refused to release it on VHS so they still only showed it in a theatre.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Pokemon the Movie - Mewtwo strikes back
was my first movie I ever watched in a theater.
I still have my promotional pikachu card, with that awesome thunderbolt and charge attack which I always included in my Dark Raichu deck.

Nintendo Switch:

... announced as a Home Console

... advertised as a Hybrid

... delivered as a Portable

Around the Network

I believe it was The Never Ending Story. I don't have much memory of seeing the movie. But, I recall that my dad took me to an amazing place called The International House of Pancakes before the movie. The thought of going to an important pancake restaurant was huge, and has stuck with me for 36 years since.

I think it was Lion King.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Finding Nemo

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Leynos said:
Snow White. The animated Disney film. For a log time Disney refused to release it on VHS so they still only showed it in a theatre.

1993, I take it? Or even earlier than that? Yup, Snow White was the final untouchable to be released on home video. That is unless you count Oliver & Company and The Black Cauldron as untouchables. Fantasia was a hold-out for a while as well, not intended to be released on home video. It had a 50th anniversary re-release in 1990, then a limited-run video release in late 1991.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
Leynos said:

1993, I take it? Or even earlier than that? Yup, Snow White was the final untouchable to be released on home video. That is unless you count Oliver & Company and The Black Cauldron as untouchables. Fantasia was a hold-out for a while as well, not intended to be released on home video. It had a 50th anniversary re-release in 1990, then a limited-run video release in late 1991.

Mid 80s when I saw it

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!