By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lucky you! You're the new head of Nintendo. What do you do?

I wanted to post all the great things I would have done, but reading some of the replies here, Im just so grateful that none of us will ever get that job...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
I wanted to post all the great things I would have done, but reading some of the replies here, Im just so grateful that none of us will ever get that job...

....Yeah, I know, I would probably laugh evilly during a Nintendo Direct....

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I'd be selfish and fund/promote things I like to start.

- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky gets a remake with an art-style that's inbetween the original and Octopath Traveller (HD 2D, but with the character of the original designs), a remastered soundtrack and even more story content added. New dungeons and all Pokemon from Gen V-VIII get added too.
- Fire Emblem Geneaology Remake, I'd have them rework maps/units, add in a modern support system and a camp feature to interact with units between battles ala 3H too.

- Fund the creation/acquisition of studios to further widen Nintendo's catalogue - I'm talking teams outside of Japan too. Acquire or establish Australian/US/European studios (Team Cherry, Ghost Town Games etc. - make Hollow Knight and Overcooked exclusives) that would lockdown exclusives and make the Nintendo ecosystem healthier. Don't go crazy, but Nintendo has stupid amounts of money, make use of some of it.

Considring that Nintendo is doing gang Buster's right now, I wouldn't change what actually being worked on... only add to their legacy.

1. First of all, Mother 3. We need a Earthbound trilogy package asap. And by the way, any game I talk about gets both physical and digital releases!

2. Fatal Frame HD collection. If Nintendo insists on keeping a 50% stake in this franchise, then they have to do something with it! And I honestly think Maiden of Blackwater would have done much better if it had physical releases in the West. So we fix that, along with localizing part 4 for the first time.

3. Remake Zelda 1, 2, and 3... aka Link to the Past. Inticreates has been chomping at the bit to work on Zelda, this will be their chance.

4. Sakamoto has stated he wants to remake Super Metroid, he can oversee Mercury Steam remaking it, and bundling it with Zero Mission and Samus Returns!

5. Give F-Zero back to Sega, and let them make pitches for the next game! While we're waiting for that, make a F-Zero HD Collection (including AX). Note that HD collections can be handled by a third party.

6. Kid Icarus HD Collection, or rather remaster Uprising, and include the original games.

7. Waverace 1 and Blue Storm remasters. If Nintendo really wants to know what fans think of classic series, re-releases them and test the waters... This isn't rocket science.

8. Bring back Start topics, maybe getting Wayforward to make a 3rd one.

9. Rollback Netcode for Smash, and perhaps all online games. The biggest most successful fighting game in the world shouldn't have such shitty online play. Also voice chat directly through the console, stop tying up my phone for something so small!

10. Reform and buyout Alpha Denshi. Letting them go bankrupt was a huge mistake, while you let the Paper Mario team drive that franchise into the ground. So before anything else goes wrong, make Super Mario RPG 2 with anybody who wants to work on the series as long as Square Enix doesn't stand in the way. Then Paper Mario 1-3 remaster collection.

That'll be day 1, if I think of anything for day 2 I'll probably post again. Buying a 51% stake in Sega sounds like a fun second day!

Jumpin said:
• Right now I’d be working on my August 6th investor presentation to announce Q1 results and Q2 plans. That would really be the priority.
• On the upcoming consoles, I’d yield to my marketing research team on when the optimal date would be to unveil key holiday titles and whatever presentations they have put together in order.
• Restructuring - I’d probably limit this since the system they have now seems good, and restructuring something that is already working into something else is just annoying - unfortunately, new leadership always tends to like to restructure, I won’t be an asshole.
• Future hardware 1 - I am not sure what the plan is, but my goal would be to shift Nintendo toward a much more mainstream business model than the outdated burn it down and rebuild from scratch generations program, since that’s no good for business.I’d look into the various form-factors for each market and tailor the marketing. For poorer countries, something like a Switch-TV, while the wealthier ones will get the Switch hybrid, and last gen handheld to be pushed as the budget model in wealthier countries.
• Future hardware 2 - I’ll look on getting the Switch generation 2 hardware family out as soon as possible,2021 ideally, compatible with the latest dev tools, features, and upgraded joycons with improved lock mechanisms, range, power, and less likely to get drift (plus I’d market some Nintendo brand contact cleaner to fix drift in existing controllers).
• On marketing, I’d keep up with frequent relevant announcements in order to continue to boost software sales further into record breaking zones.
• Marketing 2 - I would look into investment opportunities with third parties to strengthen business relationships.
• Marketing 3 - I’d end directs as a program, they’ve run their course and have ceased being effective ways in delivering information - their reach is primarily limited to trolls who then put a bad spin on it. I’d look into making more formal and focused press releases which can still contain video packages.
• Marketing 4 - I’d bring back weekly Nintendo themed shows from the Wii era to discuss recent and featured software, as well as what’s new for the week; I’d make it fun, but not nearly as campy as NoA’s Nintendo Week, for example.
• I’d have a good chat with Takahashi and knock some heads at Swuare to get my Dream game to come to Switch platforms: Xenogears Chronicles. That would be my one passion project.
• Future products - I’d push for market research into motion gaming with some test product such as Switch Sports, Switch Play, and consider an Ring Fit Deluxe game - since Ring Fit Adventure has been a success.
• Future products 2 - Casual Gaming - and I mean real casual games, not the silly phrase that ignorant trolls used to deride every Wii and DS games for not having a pure button interface, but rather the sort like Animal Crossing that have shorter sessions and long term commitment - something along the lines of the Streetpass games, except maybe include online connections. Of course, I’d clear this with my research team to see if it is a marketable option before pushing forward - there’s no point in reinventing the wheel unless it can draw new interest to the model.

This

May I add:

• Buy Konami Ip's: Fans would be mad -in a good and TOXIC BAD WAY- about this. But it's a fuzz.
  • Try to reclaim Rare -this is more a fanboy side of me, but not a bad idea overall.
  • Acquire some small westeren videogame studios, because you need more personnel.
  • Remake of first generation Pokémon
  • Hardware: make a market research about the release of a cheap handheld, and use the Gameboy name for it.
  • Hardware: Nintendo 64 Mini
  • Get together the Eshop and make it a Nintendo's paradise, because everyone loves old games.

Long live Nintendo

Around the Network
OneTime said:

I would put butchered ports of all of the Nintendo games onto other platforms to devalue the franchises. Then I'd push for second rate versions of games that are already on XBOX and PS on to the Switch, so that people get confused as to why the platform even exists. Then be clueless as to why the company has folded.

Except all the games would be better on Xbox Series X and PS5 so your entire post is nonsensical. 

Trade stock with sony, create a semi merger and make a handheld for them so nintendo fans can have their cake and eat it too. All nintony handheld games purchased will be playable on the ps57 as a free download. No one said i had to be good at this job.right?

The first thing I would do is drop any fees 3rd parties pay for the game carts and ensure they put the full damn game on it lol.

Immediately start asking wtf no decent games are being released anytime soon

Have a meeting with AMD :)