By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lucky you! You're the new head of Nintendo. What do you do?

One more thing, purchase Sega hostile takeover if necessary just make Persona Nintendo-exclusive. Never played a Persona in my life but i just want to see the meltdown

Around the Network

Partner with GOG.Com.

Show a Bayonetta 3 trailer.

Fund some revivals of classic SEGA IPs. Like Jet Set Radio and Skies of Arcadia. Virtua Fighter VI. A vanillaware developed Golden Axe. Platinum Shinobi.  Lastly, publish VanQuish 2.

Publish in collab with Konami and PG. Metal Gear Rising 2

Marvelous First Studio and Konami Colab publish Zone of the Enders 3.

Hire M2 and similar studios to get a bunch of classic Nintendo games on Switch and GOG.

Invest in Platinum and a couple of western studios. Not saying outright buy. Just invest.

Xenogears Remake.

Local backups. System messaging to friends. Party chat.

Xenoblade X port and Sequel.

Switch 2. Sticking with the Switch concept and will make marketing very clear this is a successor. Fully BC. Nvidia custom chip. Base PS4 power level with DLSS 2.0.

Delete Waluigi from history.

The Last Story HD/And TLSII

Pokemon MMO by a 3rd party

Mega Man Legends 3

Aquire developed (Octopath) Super Mario RPG 2

Falcom Partnership

Remove YouTube restrictions.

Full Directs every 3 months. Not live-streamed. Just uploaded.

Mini Directs every 2 months.

Become a sponsor of AEW.

Themes. Xenoblade/Astral Chain and DXM avatars.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 August 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

shikamaru317 said:

First move would be to get one of the AAA capable Nintendo teams to assist Gamefreak with making the next mainline Pokémon generation a proper AAA game. Lazy animations and dated graphics don’t cut it anymore.

2nd move would be to get older games that are no longer in production released on the eShop through a new version of Virtual console.

Where are you getting these teams from and who’s paying for them? Considering the last Pokémon game has been extraordinarily successful, what commercial problem are you solving? Are you going to force Gamefreak to conform to your demands if they refuse? Will you force them to turn production ownership over to Nintendo?

What is the point of bringing back Virtual Console brand when the EShop already exists as its replacement?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Shikamo said:

I would fire Bill

You monster! =P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Return their activies in latin America. Nintendo is too behind Xbox and Playstation here

Around the Network

I would start by creating at least one new studio and hiring people to work there. Nintendo needs more manpower to get more of their games released per year.

I would also install a game suggestion box: Any employee could then submit a fully thought-out idea, which would then be analyzed by the leadership of the different development teams, which can then upon review independently accept or reject the project and also contact said employee for further details. If an idea is accepted, then the person who suggested it will either be transferred and working with the development team (if the person is part or the game development personnel) or in close contact with said team (if the person has no game development background). At the end, the name of the employee will be on top of the credits (After an idea of X Y) and will get some small royalties for it on top of their normal salary.

On the hardware side, I would talk to NVidia to see if we could get a new SoC that would be more powerful without consuming more than the current models and without increasing the price too much so the new model could still be sold at ~$300/300€. With a Carmel quad-core CPU and an Ampere GPU part I think getting close to XBO performance in docked mode would be quite possible, and ~current docked performance in handheld mode.

Go third party. Permanent virtual console including NES-current switch releases on current/next gen platforms and PC. Work directly with gamefreak using an in house developer and begin to develop remake of Pokemon Yellow that reimagines the game to be more like the anime and a 3d world similar to how FF7 became FF7remake. Create an Evangelion based video game because I’d have the money to do it. Mother 3 localization and 3d remake (again in style to FF7remake). 

Dulfite said:
Software: Starfox Adventures 2, Paper Luigi: TTYD spinoff, Super Mario RPG 2, Donkey Kong 3D sequel to 64, Advanced Wars sequel, Mario Strikers sequel, Oriacle of Time/Seasons remake in Links Awakening engine, Smash Bros Open world RPG game with huge and deep story, Battle Royale game with unique art style (new IP, maybe cell shaded?), Metroid 5, Hyrule: Total War, Shadow of War/Mordor-like game set in Hyrule, to start.

Hardware: Release Switch Mini, slightly smaller than LITE and folds in half so you can pack it like a bulky wallet. Then focus on Switch 2 development.

I highly approve of what I've bolded above.  If I were head of Nintendo, I'd hire you to spearhead these projects.

Ok, here is what I would do.

-Very first thing is to actually give a date on when the next Nintendo Direct will be.  Do this ASAP.
-Have R&D plan to make the next system just like the Switch only more powerful.  Plan for a release in 2024-2025 with a $300 price tag.  Only thing that needs to be significantly changed is the hardrive needs a bigger than proportional upgrade (like 1 TB).
-Aggressively expand operations into new territories.  Wherever Sony has a presence, Nintendo needs one too.  Then look into territories where Sony does not have much of a presence.
-Remaster Mother 3 and release it worldwide.
-Remaster Zelda 1, 2 and Link to the Past (like Link's Awakening) and release them as a Zelda Anniversary Collection for next near.
-Split Zelda into 3 teams.  Fujibayashi (director of BotW) would be head of the main Zelda team.  Aonuma would be head of a second team to make Ocarine style games.  Have Fujibayashi recommend an appropriate person for a 2D Zelda team, so that it feels like NES/SNES 2D Zelda.
-Offer Sakamoto an early retirement package.
-Hire the fanmade Metroid 2 people to make 2D Metroid going forward (similar to Sonic Mania situation).
-Get top teams to make 2D Mario and Wii Sports Resort 2.
-Do extensive market research on what fans of RFA like the most and use this to develop the next exercise game.

-Make exclusivity deals for DQ12 and the next mainline Monster Hunter.
-Buy Platinum games (if possible).
-Work with Rockstar to get GTA V to Switch ASAP.
-Buy the studios and/or make exclusivity deals with key indie and small developers to make their next games exclusive to Switch (Dead Cells 2, Bloodstained 2, Goose Game 2, etc...).
-Wait for Eiyuden Chronicle Kickstarter to close.  Then buy Rabbit and Bear studios (or make an exclusivity/publishing deal).  Whatever the kickstarter total is, double the budget.  Everyone who wanted the game on another platform can either get it transferred to Switch or get their money refunded.
-Last, but not least, buy Sega Sammy.  Then have them work on remastering a lot of their old favorites for the Switch (the potential list here is huge).  Whatever remastered games sell the best will then get their series revived permanently.  Make this public to the fans, "thanks to the enthusiastic response of fans buying the Golden Axe collection, we are going to making new Golden Axe games going forward."

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 01 August 2020

I sell the company to Microsoft, Alphabet, Alibaba, Tencent, or some other giant behemoth.

Nintendo is doing well. But the reality is that the value of the company has underperformed relative to other tech companies in the same time frame. 

On the other hand, you could say that in tendo is not really a tech company. Maybe it's more of a toy company, or an entertainment company.  I don't have a great counter there, except to say that it has underperformed many entertainment companies as well. If we're calling it a toy company, it has performed pretty well.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 01 August 2020