By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why Did I Wait So Long To Play This?!"

Red Faction, the first one. It came out in 2001, new about it, and actually had a PC that could play it a couple of years later. But I ended up playing it in 2006 and it remains my favorite FPS of all time, and one of my overall favorite games. It was just so much fun to play it

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Most big games really. Spider-man, Horizon and God Of War I didn't play for at least a year or more after. Shadow of the Colossus - but in reality I didn't play it originally as I didn't play PS2 version or PS3 upped version but the remake... my god what a good game. Devil Dice, never owned it as a kid got it in a PS1 classic binge I did about 8 or 9 years ago, one of my favourite games ever now.

Hmm, pie.

Breath of fire 2.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
Trails of Cold Stel 1 and 2

Dishonoured. Never got round to playing it the previous gen but finally got round to playing the PS4 remaster. Funnily enough I have Dishonoured 2 sat in my backlog for a while. Another is Animal crossing, New Horizons is my first entry in the series and can't believe I have neglected to try it all these years, especially as I'm primarily a Nintendo gamer.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Red Faction, the first one. It came out in 2001, new about it, and actually had a PC that could play it a couple of years later. But I ended up playing it in 2006 and it remains my favorite FPS of all time, and one of my overall favorite games. It was just so much fun to play it

I have the "remarstered" version in my Switch backlog to play. I picked it up on a whim after seeing some YouTube footage of it. Looks great fun. 

Lots.
Many games I've purchased on day one--even pre-ordered. Barely played or haven't even begun to play. This includes Red Dead Redemption 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Games I've actually played and was blown away by include Ori and the Blind Forest, Halo MCC, and Plague Tale. I'm currently playing Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands TEN YEARS after I left off.

Alien Isolation. I really have almost no interest in most horror games, so this wasn't exactly on my radar to begin with, and while I think it reviewed well, it certainly didn't get the kind of reception would make me take further note of it either. Alas, maybe 2 years or so after it released, I saw it on deep sale, and didn't have much else to play at the time, so I figured I'd give it a go. Turned out to be one of my favorite games of this gen.

d21lewis said:

Barely played or haven't even begun to play...Horizon Zero Dawn.

Ahem... Sorry, I had a subtle hint stuck in my throat.

Ditto on Ori and the Blind Forest, though I actually found it to be incredibly aggravating in the beginning, if I'm being honest. That most certainly evened out, however, and I loved it by the end.

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall

Ffxv all the hate the game got push me away.
Super Metroid the terrible box art made me skip the game.
Paper Mario 64 didn’t own a n64 played it later on Wii.
Concker same as above but had to emulate it.
Prince of Persia ps2 don’t like the Arabian setting.
Bloodborne kicked my ass the first time I tried it.