By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why Did I Wait So Long To Play This?!"

There are so many games like Earthbound and Super Mario World that blew me away decades later but recently I played through Pandora's Tower and I just wished that I gave it more time when I first got it back in 2012, it's incredible. I must have just not been into gaming at the time because wow this game is great. It has a few aspects that could use a bit of polish but it's still very close to tuly masterful game, that I won't be forgetting for a very long time.

Around the Network
GrahfsLament said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition.

I bought it shortly after it came out. I finally played it a few weeks ago. It mostly came down to time. I knew it was open world. I knew I generally like to experience 100% of a game's content. But I've also been extremely busy for a long time. It probably didn't help as well that I expected it to be just really good if not excellent. Instead, it surpassed my expectations in just about every regard to the point where I would argue it's the most impressive game on the PS4, as well as my favorite game on the PS4.

Horizon is a good pick for this thread for me as well.

Yours is very similar to my path towards playing it, and the experience I had when I did. Bought it around launch, played it 2 1/2 years later in June/July 2019, and it's my favourite game this gen. My expectations appeared to be a bit higher than yours were.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
GrahfsLament said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition.

I bought it shortly after it came out. I finally played it a few weeks ago. It mostly came down to time. I knew it was open world. I knew I generally like to experience 100% of a game's content. But I've also been extremely busy for a long time. It probably didn't help as well that I expected it to be just really good if not excellent. Instead, it surpassed my expectations in just about every regard to the point where I would argue it's the most impressive game on the PS4, as well as my favorite game on the PS4.

Horizon is a good pick for this thread for me as well.

Yours is very similar to my path towards playing it, and the experience I had when I did. Bought it around launch, played it 2 1/2 years later in June/July 2019, and it's my favourite game this gen. My expectations appeared to be a bit higher than yours were.

I ended up liking it so much that I platinumed it on the first playthrough on accident. Wasn't my goal necessarily, but the game made me want to explore everything, so I did and the platinum trophy followed :D

As a side note and in my humble opinion, this and God of War (PS4) are good examples of how best to implement trophies (and, thus, is a small part of what elevates H:ZD in my estimation). I generally don't care about trophies, but I certainly enjoy them more when they're designed around encouraging the player to do all the optional stuff instead of those designed around grinding or farming or ridiculous Olympic gaming feats. If you do everything in H:ZD, you'll likely never need to grind/farm/etc. in order to platinum it. You still can grind/farm and some non-trophy related stuff can require farming, but you can also avoid those tasks and still get the full experience. When games are balanced like this, they automatically get a +1 from me.

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall

Taking the rest of this month off from work. I should definitely finish Horizon and Red Dead Redemption 2 before I go back to work.

Or I'm gonna get so bored around the house that I go back to work.

HZD, wish I could say the same for the PC version.

Around the Network

Beat this one guys:
Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I played it the first time ever, in a ps3, just because i was sharing accounts with another friend and he was the one buying it. After this, I have played it on PSX (yes, still have it), PSP, PSvita, PS3 (of course), Emulator, PS2, and im thinking on getting it for PS4.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Last year I completed for the first time original FFVII and FFX. Both one of the best in the series. Also Dead Space, beat last year too.

Almost everything I play is way late. It is tough finding the time as an adult. I just finished up getting 5 stars on my profile for Super Mario 3D Land. Solid game, but probably my least favorite of all the 3D Mario platformers I have played so far. I just finished finding all the Boos in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. The 3D effect is fantastic on this game. Still, I think I prefer the original game. Not sure I like the level structure on this one. The original felt more open. Anyway, I should have all the gems shortly. Then I will move on from that. I'm trying to finish off my 3DS games, so next up is probably Ocarina of Time 3D. I did play the original when it was new. I'm just behind on the remake.

On PC, I beat Borderlands about this time last year. Moved on to Borderlands 2 to play that with my brother and a friend. That has been pretty fun. Those are decent games. I would grade those maybe about a B or B+. My brother moved and hasn't been able to setup his PC, so we haven't been able to play together in a while.

I've racked up quite the backlog on Steam from sales over the last 2 years or so. Basically picked up a lot of games for cheap that I had missed out during the previous generation (Assassin's Creed, Batman, Mass Effect and some others). Not sure what I will play next. Maybe something a little different like Jet Set Radio.

I also have Wii and Wii U games to finish off. Hopefully by the time I am through my 3DS and console games, there will be a Switch Pro out and I can move to that.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Bristow9091 said:
Knitemare said:
Beat this one guys:
Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I played it the first time ever, in a ps3, just because i was sharing accounts with another friend and he was the one buying it. After this, I have played it on PSX (yes, still have it), PSP, PSvita, PS3 (of course), Emulator, PS2, and im thinking on getting it for PS4.

... I can beat that, I've never even played it yet :P Been SO tempted to buy it while it's been on sale multiple times on PS4, but just never actually done so... maybe next time it goes on sale I'll actually do it, lol :P 

Actually yes, the price right now ($19.00) is not appealing to me. I mean you get 2 games, but I already played Rondo of Blood also and is not that good imho. So i will be paying 19.00 for practically 1 game, that I own in several formats already, so no, i will wait to get at least 25%.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Civilization series - underestimated, then epic gave 6 to me for free. Ended up buying the platinum edition on steam and the 2 missing dlcs.

Dragon Quest series - ovelooked. wanted to play a jrpg and decided to try dq8 on 3ds. Loved it. Now I've played 1-5, 8, and 11. Currently playing 6.

4 ≈ One