By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why Did I Wait So Long To Play This?!"

The Witcher 3.

After finishing Zelda Links Awakening (which was ok), I swapped this game with someone for The Witcher 3. Not sure if I would have bought it otherwise. And I always knew I was going to like it, but it was going to take me too much time, and I wasn't to sure about the fighting mechanics. But damn, what a game. Even the side quest are really great a lot of the time (the only thing that's not really fun is the treasure hunting).

There aren't a lot of ''get me 3 of this and 5 of that type of quests'' either, which should be forbidden (in every game) anyway. Really not sure where I should put it on my best games list , because it's so big, it almost feels like a lot of smaller games. Mario Galaxy is still on number 1, but not sure if Zelda OoT is still at nr. 1 as well, or that The witcher 3 showed me that it is time to move on ;)

Last edited by coolharry - on 13 August 2020

Around the Network

I played Heretic last year for the first time and it was great. So only 25 years late to the party.

I probably will try Master of Magic when I have time later this year. That is also from 1994 like Heretic.

Less incredible jumps: I played Doom64 for the first time with the Switch release. And my first outing to Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask are the 3DS remakes. I played the original Resident Evil first on the Wii. All of them great games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:
Finally got around to checking out Conker's Bad Fur Day. But... probably should have played that back in the day. May have enjoyed it more in my youth, and the control issues would have been more forgivable.

As someone who liked the game back then. It's not a great game. It lives on its novelty which is no longer novel. It has very little going for it these days. The Xbox remake is pointless as it removes the one thing that made it special. The vulgar nature...which they censored.

Yeah I'm probably going give up on the game or if anything emulate the N64 version.