By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why Did I Wait So Long To Play This?!"

Finally got around to checking out Conker's Bad Fur Day. But... probably should have played that back in the day. May have enjoyed it more in my youth, and the control issues would have been more forgivable.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Finally got around to checking out Conker's Bad Fur Day. But... probably should have played that back in the day. May have enjoyed it more in my youth, and the control issues would have been more forgivable.

Did you try the N64 or Xbox version?

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

The Rare Replay version, which I think is the N64 version.

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

I was gonna say, I recall the OG Xbox remake being more polished.

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

Eh, maybe. But I'm just not liking the game in general. It's kind of meandering and pointless so far. It's sort of like a family guy episode where they wanted to do a bunch of gags and just kind of strung them together. It's not a cohesive experience.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Eh, maybe. But I'm just not liking the game in general. It's kind of meandering and pointless so far. It's sort of like a family guy episode where they wanted to do a bunch of gags and just kind of strung them together. It's not a cohesive experience.

Fair enough. It's been many years since I lasted played it, and I remember enjoying it for its variety, but I can understand how for some it might not hold up.

resident evil 7,
waited til xmas and bought the gold edition and it didnt fcken disappoint!
I was absolutely surprised,
i was disappointed that it became 1st person but man it truly shined,

and it was a f$%#$ing comedy it wasn't much horror i loved the baker family they were frigging hilarious as fck!

Shadow Of Memories AKA Shadow of Destiny. I just played it around 3 months ago, it was a ps2 game that was rereleased on PSP and I think PC, if no one has heard about it its a game where you get time traveling powers so you go to different time periods of the town in the game and you have to solve your own murder within a time limit every chapter, pretty unique, and I enjoyed the story, its twists and the different paths and ending in the story can be cool, its kinda aged and not super polished or anything but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to people into some weirder games every now and than.

HellBlade was another one, I don't have the largest budget to buy things so it was never super high in my priority for me to get even though I had some intrigue for it but a friend gave me the game and I really enjoyed it a whole lot, more than I was initially expecting.

Last edited by Decker - on 13 August 2020

JWeinCom said:

As someone who liked the game back then. It's not a great game. It lives on its novelty which is no longer novel. It has very little going for it these days. The Xbox remake is pointless as it removes the one thing that made it special. The vulgar nature...which they censored.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

That's the Final Fantasy-games for me after playing 7, 8, 9, X, X2, 12 and 15