By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now is the time to start collecting Wii games!

Will Wii games be worth more or less in the next 5 years?

More 16 69.57%

Less 3 13.04%

The prices will stay the same 4 17.39%

Other 0 0%

Total:23
Conina said:
curl-6 said:
My Wii collection is 45 games, almost all of which I bought at full price, which means I spent around $4000 on it.

4000 / 45 = $89

Wasn't average full price for Wii games much less?

I forgot to include "AUD", here in the Land Down Under new games are $80-100 Australian dollars.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 01 August 2020

Around the Network

Another really good one that never saw release in North America is Project Zero 2: Wii Edition, which is a re-imagining of Fatal Frame 2 similar to how the current gen RE2 remake reimagines that game. It got an English language release in Europe and Australia/New Zealand, but Nintendo of America stupidly didn't localize it.

curl-6 said:

Another really good one that never saw release in North America is Project Zero 2: Wii Edition, which is a re-imagining of Fatal Frame 2 similar to how the current gen RE2 remake reimagines that game. It got an English language release in Europe and Australia/New Zealand, but Nintendo of America stupidly didn't localize it.

Oh man, that game is terrifying! I got this a couple of years ago and I agree, it is awesome.

there are a few games, ones of old series that didn't sell well, thouse will go up like crazy.

before XC got the n3ds version, the price for that was sky high, and remained quite high untill future connected was announced.
Fire emblem radient dawn, sold less then its NGC predecessor, goes for higher prices then PoR.
but the limited amount of actually good games that didn't sell like crazy means... well... these are outliers. there are vastly more copies of galaxy roaming around vs sunshine, even considering sunshine sold half: nearly all people who bought sunshine are now pretty hardcore nintendo gamers(ergo they won't sell it). meanwhile galaxy was bought by most everyone.

GoOnKid said:
curl-6 said:

Oh man, that game is terrifying! I got this a couple of years ago and I agree, it is awesome.

Amen, it's very hard for a game to scare me but the Fatal Frame/Project Zero games are among the few that can manage it.

Around the Network

Any one have any thoughts on the Wii light gun style games out there? I never got around to them back in the day, but I think I would like to pick a few up. With Gamerankings gone for good, and the Metacritic filtering options being absolutely terrible, I'm not sure what to grab. I was thinking both Resident Evil games, Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. Also, The House of the Dead: Overkill. Anything else good? How about Dead Space: Extraction? Is it good even if I never played any of the Dead Space games?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Any one have any thoughts on the Wii light gun style games out there? I never got around to them back in the day, but I think I would like to pick a few up. With Gamerankings gone for good, and the Metacritic filtering options being absolutely terrible, I'm not sure what to grab. I was thinking both Resident Evil games, Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. Also, The House of the Dead: Overkill. Anything else good? How about Dead Space: Extraction? Is it good even if I never played any of the Dead Space games?

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is classic lightgun game; tough as nails but if you like a challenge it's worth playing.

Darkside Chronicles is a bit easier, the shaky cam can be annoying, but it's not bad and offers an original RE story.

Dead Space Extraction has even more of a story focus and is slower paced as a result, but if you can accept that it's probably the best lightgun shooter on Wii thanks to the series' trademark satisfying dismemberment combat and strong atmosphere. And no, you don't need to have played the rest of the games to follow it as it is a prequel.

House of the Dead Overkill is modeled on grindhouse films; if you can look passed an intentionally juvenile sense of humor, it's good fun.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 August 2020

curl-6 said:
theRepublic said:

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is classic lightgun game; tough as nails but if you like a challenge it's worth playing.

Darkside Chronicles is a bit easier, the shaky cam can be annoying, but it's not bad and offers an original RE story.

Dead Space Extraction has even more of a story focus and is slower paced as a result, but if you can accept that it's probably the best lightgun shooter on Wii thanks to the series' trademark satisfying dismemberment combat and strong atmosphere. And no, you don't need to have played the rest of the games to follow it as it is a prequel.

House of the Dead Overkill is modeled on grindhouse films; if you can look passed an intentionally juvenile sense of humor, it's good fun.

Any other good ones out there, or is that about it?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

theRepublic said:
curl-6 said:

Those are the only ones I can vouch for from personal experience.

curl-6 said:
theRepublic said:

Those are the only ones I can vouch for from personal experience.

Thanks.  I pulled up the genre on GameFAQs.  Most of the others sound like shovelware.  The only other two that remotely sounded like they could be good were Ghost Squad and Link's Crossbow Training.

Now Playing