By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now is the time to start collecting Wii games!

Will Wii games be worth more or less in the next 5 years?

More 16 69.57%

Less 3 13.04%

The prices will stay the same 4 17.39%

Other 0 0%

Total:23

would you actually sell it?

Its like having a dualland from revised or older way more pimping then the cash you can get for it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
DPsx7 said:
curl-6 said:

What kind of games are you into? There are a fair few hidden gems among Wii's library.

It's easier to list what I don't play. Not a fan of sports, only more arcadey things like Hot Shots Golf, NBA Jam, or whatever. Don't play simulations, haven't played RTS since C&C, MMO's take too long, and I'm not deep into fighters. I'll play the SP of Smash or Soulcal but avoid anything that requires combo memorization.

Otherwise anything goes. I've cut back on RPG's because they aren't good for my backlog but I don't wanna say I'm out of them because those have been some of the best games I've played over the years. I saw you guys mention Zack and Wiki or Pandoras Tower, have those on the backlog pile somewhere. I actually made a site that shows what games I have so I can reference purchases I forgot about. Lol.

Well, off the top of my head some good ones are de Blob 1 & 2, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, The Last Story, Red Steel 2, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Excite Truck.

DPsx7 said:
Lemme see. De Blob yes. 1 on Wii, 2 on PS3. No More Heroes yes. Own both on Wii but played the first on PS3 and didn't have a good time between the controls and collision detection. Silent Hill yes. Muramasa yes but bought and played the Vita version instead. (That was a good game.) Excitetruck was cool too.

Don't have Last Story, MoH, or Sin. I thought I had Red Steel but don't see it.

Important distinction; Red Steel 1 is trash. Red Steel 2 is good.

curl-6 said:

I'd highly recommend The Last Story, its an excellent blend of traditional and more modern RPG design with lovable characters and a great battle system.

I always got The Last Story confused with Pandora's Tower. Just looked it up, and realized it has some really damned good reviews. And here I thought my Wii collection was complete. :P

Cerebralbore101 said:
curl-6 said:

I'd highly recommend The Last Story, its an excellent blend of traditional and more modern RPG design with lovable characters and a great battle system.

I always got The Last Story confused with Pandora's Tower. Just looked it up, and realized it has some really damned good reviews. And here I thought my Wii collection was complete. :P

The Last Story is a much better game than Pandora's Tower. Not that PT is bad, it's actually very decent, but TLS is on another level.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

The Last Story is a much better game than Pandora's Tower. Not that PT is bad, it's actually very decent, but TLS is on another level.

Just bought TLS!

Cerebralbore101 said:
curl-6 said:

Just bought TLS!

Awesome!

Two bits of advice; (1) switch attacking from auto to manual in the options, makes combat a lot more satisfying, and (2) there are missable optional chapters that are some of the best in the game, use a walk through to check where to find them if you have to but make sure you don't skip these.

Otherwise, enjoy! :)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 July 2020

curl-6 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Just bought TLS!

Awesome!

Two bits of advice; (1) switch attacking from auto to manual in the options, makes combat a lot more satisfying, and (2) there are missable optional chapters that are some of the best in the game, use a walk through to check where to find them if you have to but make sure you don't skip these.

Otherwise, enjoy! :)

Thanks for the advice. I usually scour JRPGs top to bottom, so hopefully I don't miss any chapters. I'll add the game to my backlog for this year. I'll definitely finish it before the year is up, since Nintendo has jack-all, and 3rd party only has Cyberpunk for me. :P

Cerebralbore101 said:
curl-6 said:

Just bought TLS!

Me too!

curl-6 said:
My Wii collection is 45 games, almost all of which I bought at full price, which means I spent around $4000 on it.

4000 / 45 = $89

Wasn't average full price for Wii games much less?