By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell favors Xbox

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:

Well if you are satisfied with those answers, then great. Kudos to you for accepting peoples opinions that easily. If someone tells me "I think China is a better country than the US" I would like to know why. If they then say "Because it is". I cant really just accept that. I want to know why. Just a curious guy I guess... 

Not saying I wouldn't like more. More that I'd much rather a simple A or B response to a question like this than some vague PR-like bullshit.

Fair enough. Those kinda answers are annoying too.

Around the Network

Seems the only thing Gabe does nowadays is to favor things. He did it with the Wii U too.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

shikamaru317 said:
Immersiveunreality said:
Alright,Tim Sweeney and Gabe need to fight this out.

Pretty sure that Gabe would eat twig-boy Tim Sweeney for breakfast:

Though Gabe does look like he has lost weight, he still looks like he probably has at least 30 pounds over Tim. Tim might have a small reach advantage since he is 3 inches taller than Gabe, but I still think Gabe would eat him for breakfast, it always looked like Gabe had a decent amount of muscle hidden under his fat. 

Hmmm but Tim seems to be the speedy boy of the two so if he can get some punches in before getting crushed by Gabe his weight then he might survive the fight!

A Marvel movie would be ideal,something original for a change. :p

Stellar_Fungk said:
Seems the only thing Gabe does nowadays is to favor things. He did it with the Wii U too.

To be fair, the WiiU was a good system compared to the Wii, 360 and PS3. It wasnt marketed correctly and was expensive for what it was but ideally it laid the foundations for the Switch prodigy. 

I guess since he and The Grunt devs are among the very few singing praises for Xbox that must be true, the only people that didn't sell out to Sony right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

To be fair, the WiiU was a good system compared to the Wii, 360 and PS3. It wasnt marketed correctly and was expensive for what it was but ideally it laid the foundations for the Switch prodigy. 

I doubt he was talking about hardware, moreover the concept. This was at a time people thought dual screen play was a good idea for consoles. A lot of video game guys thought this was the way forward but yet hardly third party supported the console largely due to the disparity in specs. The dual screen aspect also was good in theory and at the time but in practice it wasn't necessary. DS was the tech in its era, but then everyone got over it.

And wouldn't be too sure about that. Nintendo are smart enough to know that releasing a traditional home console for them wouldn't work for them. And that they learned from last gen that supporting two consoles (home and portable) would be too much for their teams to handle going forward. With the guaranteed appeal to handheld design it was necessary for them to move that direction.

Last edited by hinch - on 30 July 2020

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:
I guess since he and The Grunt devs are among the very few singing praises for Xbox that must be true, the only people that didn't sell out to Sony right?

I've seen several other devs praising Xbox Series X as well. Not to mention Digital Foundry, who got an early hands-on with Series X earlier this year. 

Yet every time someone says good thing about PS5 or its SSD we are flooded with "every dev was paid by Sony" right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If he doesn't bother to argue for his opinion, I couldn't care less what he thinks.

hinch said:
Azzanation said:

I doubt he was talking about hardware, moreover the concept. This was at a time people thought dual screen play was a good idea for consoles. A lot of video game guys thought this was the way forward but yet hardly third party supported the console largely due to the disparity in specs. The dual screen aspect also was good in theory and at the time but in practice it wasn't necessary. DS was the tech in its era, but then everyone got over it.

No, he was talking about the hardware and the porting capability: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-says-wii-u-fits-better-with-its-tech/1100-6320886/

But that comparison was Wii U vs. Wii, not Wii U vs. 360 or PS3.

"Wii U seems to be a lot more powerful than the previous generation," Valve Corporation president and cofounder Gabe Newell told Joystiq. "It sort of fits better into the scalability in terms of graphics performance and CPU performance, so I think it'll be a lot easier for us to fit it into our scalability model... Now it's a lot easier to look at Wii U and have it fit within that framework."

Vinther1991 said:
If he doesn't bother to argue for his opinion, I couldn't care less what he thinks.

Vice versa.