By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell favors Xbox

Tagged games:

Aren’t MS and Valve working together with HP on a VR headset? Imagine if he’d said PS5 here, awkward.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Chazore said:

Tim Sweeney. The man who runs EG and EGS, while running his mouth on twitter 90% of the time.

I've yet to see Gabe set up his very own Twitter and run his mouth the way Tim does.

Then why the drama from your own end of the pool?.

Why does he sound butthurt for offering his choice in what box?.

He's learned many things for years, but he doesn't have to kiss and praise Sony's feet for whatever reason, Tim already does that and ppl here excuse that guy.

I just answered the people quoting me. I gave my reasons...unlike Gabe.

He could have said he thought the Xbox Series X has better games shown or is more powerful or easier to develop for or looks cooler etc..

Just saying "Because it is" annoys me. Thats just causing division for the sake of it. Its just petty and immature imo. 

It’s a talk show. He got a laugh from the audience. People could also not be be the most comfortable in a live interview. The more you say, the more can be misspoke and dissected and twisted by us. He said his opinion, straight to the point. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Shaunodon said:
Immersiveunreality said:

looks like good acting.

Was such a funny video.

I'd never seen it before, but it definitely seems like a parody.

It wasn’t. Also look up “chad warden”. Those early years of that generation had a lot of characters come out of the woodwork. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Shaunodon said:

I'd never seen it before, but it definitely seems like a parody.

It wasn’t. Also look up “chad warden”. Those early years of that generation had a lot of characters come out of the woodwork. 

haha watching it right now,these dudes are awesome.

That is why i mostly find consolewarz entertaining,you get to see people like these.

Well yeah if i was his parent i would have taken his PS3 away for a while .

Ka-pi96 said:
sales2099 said:

It’s a talk show. He got a laugh from the audience. People could also not be be the most comfortable in a live interview. The more you say, the more can be misspoke and dissected and twisted by us. He said his opinion, straight to the point. 

Which is great! I'd much rather somebody answer like that and just say what they then than spout off some vague bullshit to try and avoid giving an answer. Most people do have a preference one way or the other and there's nothing wrong with them just saying which they prefer (especially when asked!) without going into a full length discussion over the pros/cons of each.

Well if you are satisfied with those answers, then great. Kudos to you for accepting peoples opinions that easily. If someone tells me "I think China is a better country than the US" I would like to know why. If they then say "Because it is". I cant really just accept that. I want to know why. Just a curious guy I guess... 

Around the Network

Don't see how Gabe's preference have any effect on the industry... His only influence is Steam and a new game Valve releases every 10 years, which will be multiplat any away. 

And you even hinted at it, his preference may be because of Epic going fullblown competing with Steam. And now Sony has invested in Epic. 

twintail said:
OP is trying too hard to justify this as some Xbox marketing win.

I doubt many ppl actually care tbqh

This^

I mean, I am considering an XBSX just because I really like Halo (and i have to say, its about the story, because what theyve shown in graphics, looks like XB360), but in general PS5 is for me the most appealing console no matter what epic games guy or gabe newell said. PlayStation ecosystem is what i like, nothing to do with those 2 clowns.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

In other news, water is wet (sarcastic post just for laughs and to lighten the mood)

twintail said:
OP is trying too hard to justify this as some Xbox marketing win.

I doubt many ppl actually care tbqh

Don't get too carried away with it. I am just posting about what he said, weather it makes a difference or not doesn't matter. People will buy what they want regardless, however you cannot deny that it is a positive when the king of PC gaming says something positive about another product. I bet you would be flipping if he said the PS5 was better just like many were listening to Timmy boy continued his praising of the PS5. 

At the end of the day, its Gabe, a well known gaming legend.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 29 July 2020

Look no Xbox fans are claiming some massive PR victory. It is what it is: A major figure in gaming who is respected by almost everyone who’s sole “flaw” is not making the 3rd entries in fan favourite games. As far as we know when he speaks people listen. He has no one to answer to but himself.

So really, you could take this 2 ways: ignore or acknowledge the next gen won’t be so one sided as this one is.