By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell favors Xbox

Tagged games:

Alright,Tim Sweeney and Gabe need to fight this out.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
EpicRandy said:

Lol I wish I could find the video of that fanboy who goes nuts when Square announced FF XIII on Xbox 360 early 7th gen.

Timeless:

looks like good acting.

Was such a funny video.

Immersiveunreality said:
Chazore said:

Timeless:

looks like good acting.

Was such a funny video.

I'd never seen it before, but it definitely seems like a parody.

LivingMetal said:
Azzanation said:

Gabe probably just sold plenty of Xboxs with his simple statement of which is better out of the PS5 and Xbox with a straight answer of "The Xbox."

The host from the show asked him "why?" and he responded "Because it is. I don’t have a stake in that race," he added. "Obviously, we do most of our development on personal computers, but of the two I would definitely go with an Xbox."

Unfortunately Gabe didn't go into detail as to why the Xbox is better, could this be due to Sony's partnership with Epic? Or Tim Sweeney praising of PS5 of recent times, no body knows, however Gabe has a lot of weight to his opinion compared to the majority and i am simply interested in knowing why he thinks so.. is it because the Xbox is better overall or because of his rivalry with Epic Games, where he will bank the other bus.

@ 3:08.....

I hope the BOLDED is something you copied and pasted because they have NOTHING to do with one another.  Subtle attempt at trolling, not so subtle.

Yikes.. you considered that trolling? 

Aren’t MS and Valve working together with HP on a VR headset? Imagine if he’d said PS5 here, awkward.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Chazore said:

Tim Sweeney. The man who runs EG and EGS, while running his mouth on twitter 90% of the time.

I've yet to see Gabe set up his very own Twitter and run his mouth the way Tim does.

Then why the drama from your own end of the pool?.

Why does he sound butthurt for offering his choice in what box?.

He's learned many things for years, but he doesn't have to kiss and praise Sony's feet for whatever reason, Tim already does that and ppl here excuse that guy.

I just answered the people quoting me. I gave my reasons...unlike Gabe.

He could have said he thought the Xbox Series X has better games shown or is more powerful or easier to develop for or looks cooler etc..

Just saying "Because it is" annoys me. Thats just causing division for the sake of it. Its just petty and immature imo. 

It’s a talk show. He got a laugh from the audience. People could also not be be the most comfortable in a live interview. The more you say, the more can be misspoke and dissected and twisted by us. He said his opinion, straight to the point. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Shaunodon said:
Immersiveunreality said:

looks like good acting.

Was such a funny video.

It wasn’t. Also look up “chad warden”. Those early years of that generation had a lot of characters come out of the woodwork. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
KLXVER said:

I just answered the people quoting me. I gave my reasons...unlike Gabe.

He could have said he thought the Xbox Series X has better games shown or is more powerful or easier to develop for or looks cooler etc..

Just saying "Because it is" annoys me. Thats just causing division for the sake of it. Its just petty and immature imo. 

It’s a talk show. He got a laugh from the audience. People could also not be be the most comfortable in a live interview. The more you say, the more can be misspoke and dissected and twisted by us. He said his opinion, straight to the point. 

Which is great! I'd much rather somebody answer like that and just say what they then than spout off some vague bullshit to try and avoid giving an answer. Most people do have a preference one way or the other and there's nothing wrong with them just saying which they prefer (especially when asked!) without going into a full length discussion over the pros/cons of each.

sales2099 said:
Shaunodon said:

It wasn’t. Also look up “chad warden”. Those early years of that generation had a lot of characters come out of the woodwork. 

haha watching it right now,these dudes are awesome.

That is why i mostly find consolewarz entertaining,you get to see people like these.

Well yeah if i was his parent i would have taken his PS3 away for a while .

Ka-pi96 said:
sales2099 said:

Which is great! I'd much rather somebody answer like that and just say what they then than spout off some vague bullshit to try and avoid giving an answer. Most people do have a preference one way or the other and there's nothing wrong with them just saying which they prefer (especially when asked!) without going into a full length discussion over the pros/cons of each.

Well if you are satisfied with those answers, then great. Kudos to you for accepting peoples opinions that easily. If someone tells me "I think China is a better country than the US" I would like to know why. If they then say "Because it is". I cant really just accept that. I want to know why. Just a curious guy I guess...