By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell favors Xbox

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:

Ok this is getting ridiculous now. I just think he could have worded it better. I didnt know you would go to these lengths to defend the guy. Lets just agree to disagree.

Well yeah, he could have, but it wouldn't have really done anything for those who had already made up their mind about what piece of plastic they prefer or wish to buy though. 

"defend the guy", ah, see this is what Iw as getting at with my original comment. You see him as some sort of "foe", and me trying to be a voice of reason, is now labelled as "defender" of him, in order to suit your already defined viewpoint. This doesn't make for any good discussion, it just creates an us vs them scenario.

No, I'm not one to follow along with that kind of cop-out. His choice is his very own to make. He didn't give a long speech as to why, and the world as we know it will continue to spin, unabated.

If you want to stop responding, you're absolutely free to do so. No need to respond and trying to make a visible scene.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
KLXVER said:

Ok this is getting ridiculous now. I just think he could have worded it better. I didnt know you would go to these lengths to defend the guy. Lets just agree to disagree.

Well yeah, he could have, but it wouldn't have really done anything for those who had already made up their mind about what piece of plastic they prefer or wish to buy though. 

"defend the guy", ah, see this is what Iw as getting at with my original comment. You see him as some sort of "foe", and me trying to be a voice of reason, is now labelled as "defender" of him, in order to suit your already defined viewpoint. This doesn't make for any good discussion, it just creates an us vs them scenario.

No, I'm not one to follow along with that kind of cop-out. His choice is his very own to make. He didn't give a long speech as to why, and the world as we know it will continue to spin, unabated.

If you want to stop responding, you're absolutely free to do so. No need to respond and trying to make a visible scene.

Whats the point in arguing this? I think he said something stupid and I gave a response. You think its fine what he said and you gave a response. What are we supposed to discuss here? We both know where we stand. 

I just like it when people give proper answers instead of "because it is". I expect that from children, not a grown man that has been in the industry for decades. 

KLXVER said:

Whats the point in arguing this? I think he said something stupid and I gave a response. You think its fine what he said and you gave a response. What are we supposed to discuss here? We both know where we stand. 

I just like it when people give proper answers instead of "because it is". I expect that from children, not a grown man that has been in the industry for decades. 

I'm just pointing out the fact that the man gave his say on the choice of system he preferred. The fact you mentioned how him not giving a detailed explanation annoying you, means you've something to argue about it, but I myself do not. 

If he gave a response just like you gave yours, then why voice in that tone in the first place?. 

This whole fixation on which box is better than the other, let alone brand, is the real childish prattle, and I wish it'd die sooner, rather than having to wait another 10-20 more years. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
KLXVER said:

I'm just pointing out the fact that the man gave his say on the choice of system he preferred. The fact you mentioned how him not giving a detailed explanation annoying you, means you've something to argue about it, but I myself do not. 

If he gave a response just like you gave yours, then why voice in that tone in the first place?. 

This whole fixation on which box is better than the other, let alone brand, is the real childish prattle, and I wish it'd die sooner, rather than having to wait another 10-20 more years. 

I didnt say I needed a detailed explanation. You keep putting words in my mouth and saying that I belong to some "camp" because I found what he said unnecessary divisive. However if you absolutely want to know, Im in the Nintendo camp. 

KLXVER said:

I didnt say I needed a detailed explanation. You keep putting words in my mouth and saying that I belong to some "camp" because I found what he said unnecessary divisive. However if you absolutely want to know, Im in the Nintendo camp. 

See I can tell you're getting hostile and trying to make a scene here. I'd like to ask if you could stop trying to act like my sister does, when she knows she's making a far bigger deal out of something than usual (she prefers to shout out loud in a crowd, watching for eyes paying attention to her, in the hopes someone backs her up).

You already decided the camp he was in and cited him as being "worse than fanboys", and we already know fanboys have their own camps. You yourself just said which camp you hail from.

In depth, detailed, it gets the same results at the end of the day. 

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
That is about as good of a compliment as Patcher predicting your device will sell a lot. I like Steam for what it introduced years ago, but their quick abandonment of Steam Link after I bought it ticked me off, and their refusal to make sequels to games people want (or sell the IP to other studios that would make them happily) or make them locked behind some niche technology that won't really become mainstream for decades has annoyed me.

Steam link is now supported as an app. You can even install it on a Raspberry pi (and it works very well). 

Chazore said:
KLXVER said:

See I can tell you're getting hostile and trying to make a scene here. I'd like to ask if you could stop trying to act like my sister does, when she knows she's making a far bigger deal out of something than usual (she prefers to shout out loud in a crowd, watching for eyes paying attention to her, in the hopes someone backs her up).

You already decided the camp he was in and cited him as being "worse than fanboys", and we already know fanboys have their own camps. You yourself just said which camp you hail from.

In depth, detailed, it gets the same results at the end of the day. 

Yeah, Im the one making a big deal of it. If you are this desperate to argue your "point", then get your sister to listen. I dont have much of a life, but even Im to good for this shit...

Gaben says very few words;, every console and bit of tech is being discussed and debated. I hope he got paid a reasonable wage for services rendered.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

KLXVER said:

Yeah, Im the one making a big deal of it. If you are this desperate to argue your "point", then get your sister to listen. I dont have much of a life, but even Im to good for this shit...

Well yes, because you tried to brand me as his "defender", and making a bigger deal out of one man not doing as you preferred, while still responding to me about wanting an agree to disagree, followed by making a scene about words being put in mouths and such. 

I've no point to argue, outside of "the man said his word, let it be done". The only reason she acts in that way is when she feels she's not going to win some petty debate, which I feel is what's going on here, because you seem keen to always respond, but voice that you don't, as if you want to get some last word in or something. I did say you are free to entirely stop responding.

If you're "too good" for that "shit", then maybe drop the convo and the thread entirely, for the sake of your health?.

KLXVER said:
Hes worse than many fanboys...

Lol I wish I could find the video of that fanboy who goes nuts when Square announced FF XIII on Xbox 360 early 7th gen.