By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell favors Xbox

Tagged games:

COKTOE said:
Chazore said:

I beg to differ 

Who the H is that? Whoever it is, he looks completely at ease while speaking in front of an audience.

Tim Sweeney. The man who runs EG and EGS, while running his mouth on twitter 90% of the time.

I've yet to see Gabe set up his very own Twitter and run his mouth the way Tim does.

KLXVER said:

That sounds a bit dramatic, but he obviously has something against Sony. 

I dont really know why we are still talking about that though. All I said is that he sounds butthurt pretty much. I dont really care. I just thought the guy was more articulate and had learned a thing or two after the whole PS3 thing. Obviously not.  

Then why the drama from your own end of the pool?.

Why does he sound butthurt for offering his choice in what box?.

He's learned many things for years, but he doesn't have to kiss and praise Sony's feet for whatever reason, Tim already does that and ppl here excuse that guy.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
COKTOE said:

Who the H is that? Whoever it is, he looks completely at ease while speaking in front of an audience.

Tim Sweeney. The man who runs EG and EGS, while running his mouth on twitter 90% of the time.

I've yet to see Gabe set up his very own Twitter and run his mouth the way Tim does.

KLXVER said:

That sounds a bit dramatic, but he obviously has something against Sony. 

I dont really know why we are still talking about that though. All I said is that he sounds butthurt pretty much. I dont really care. I just thought the guy was more articulate and had learned a thing or two after the whole PS3 thing. Obviously not.  

Then why the drama from your own end of the pool?.

Why does he sound butthurt for offering his choice in what box?.

He's learned many things for years, but he doesn't have to kiss and praise Sony's feet for whatever reason, Tim already does that and ppl here excuse that guy.

I just answered the people quoting me. I gave my reasons...unlike Gabe.

He could have said he thought the Xbox Series X has better games shown or is more powerful or easier to develop for or looks cooler etc..

Just saying "Because it is" annoys me. Thats just causing division for the sake of it. Its just petty and immature imo. 

KLXVER said:

He could have said he thought the Xbox Series X has better games shown or is more powerful or easier to develop for or looks cooler etc..

Just saying "Because it is" annoys me. Thats just causing division for the sake of it. Its just petty and immature imo. 

Yeah, but Gabe can say he just likes it. The only reason why some ppl want a more detailed reason, is likely to either head nod (which I find stupidly pointless, because same ppl already do agree with his choice, ergo, pointless to want or expect a head nod of agreement) or to argue his choice as being "incorrect".

The man probably likes the system for multiple reasons and cannot just choose one, like me and what I look for in a PC, I cannot just choose one reason.

The division has been here for years, decades even. What's him giving a slightly more in depth reason, going to do for divisions at the end of the day?.

I don't see how it's immature as to why he didn't give out a single reason. I Mean, Henry Cavill was asked which console he prefers and he came back with "PC", and it's been documented as to why he loves that platform, and we've seen a video of him recently putting one together, so you don't need much more beyond a short term interview, to know why he likes PC, just like how we know what Gabe does on the same platform, and why he loves tech in the first place.

Chazore said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, but Gabe can say he just likes it. The only reason why some ppl want a more detailed reason, is likely to either head nod (which I find stupidly pointless, because same ppl already do agree with his choice, ergo, pointless to want or expect a head nod of agreement) or to argue his choice as being "incorrect".

The man probably likes the system for multiple reasons and cannot just choose one, like me and what I look for in a PC, I cannot just choose one reason.

The division has been here for years, decades even. What's him giving a slightly more in depth reason, going to do for divisions at the end of the day?.

I don't see how it's immature as to why he didn't give out a single reason. I Mean, Henry Cavill was asked which console he prefers and he came back with "PC", and it's been documented as to why he loves that platform, and we've seen a video of him recently putting one together, so you don't need much more beyond a short term interview, to know why he likes PC, just like how we know what Gabe does on the same platform, and why he loves tech in the first place.

Ok this is getting ridiculous now. I just think he could have worded it better. I didnt know you would go to these lengths to defend the guy. Lets just agree to disagree.

KLXVER said:

Ok this is getting ridiculous now. I just think he could have worded it better. I didnt know you would go to these lengths to defend the guy. Lets just agree to disagree.

Well yeah, he could have, but it wouldn't have really done anything for those who had already made up their mind about what piece of plastic they prefer or wish to buy though. 

"defend the guy", ah, see this is what Iw as getting at with my original comment. You see him as some sort of "foe", and me trying to be a voice of reason, is now labelled as "defender" of him, in order to suit your already defined viewpoint. This doesn't make for any good discussion, it just creates an us vs them scenario.

No, I'm not one to follow along with that kind of cop-out. His choice is his very own to make. He didn't give a long speech as to why, and the world as we know it will continue to spin, unabated.

If you want to stop responding, you're absolutely free to do so. No need to respond and trying to make a visible scene.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
KLXVER said:

Well yeah, he could have, but it wouldn't have really done anything for those who had already made up their mind about what piece of plastic they prefer or wish to buy though. 

"defend the guy", ah, see this is what Iw as getting at with my original comment. You see him as some sort of "foe", and me trying to be a voice of reason, is now labelled as "defender" of him, in order to suit your already defined viewpoint. This doesn't make for any good discussion, it just creates an us vs them scenario.

No, I'm not one to follow along with that kind of cop-out. His choice is his very own to make. He didn't give a long speech as to why, and the world as we know it will continue to spin, unabated.

If you want to stop responding, you're absolutely free to do so. No need to respond and trying to make a visible scene.

Whats the point in arguing this? I think he said something stupid and I gave a response. You think its fine what he said and you gave a response. What are we supposed to discuss here? We both know where we stand. 

I just like it when people give proper answers instead of "because it is". I expect that from children, not a grown man that has been in the industry for decades. 

KLXVER said:

Whats the point in arguing this? I think he said something stupid and I gave a response. You think its fine what he said and you gave a response. What are we supposed to discuss here? We both know where we stand. 

I just like it when people give proper answers instead of "because it is". I expect that from children, not a grown man that has been in the industry for decades. 

I'm just pointing out the fact that the man gave his say on the choice of system he preferred. The fact you mentioned how him not giving a detailed explanation annoying you, means you've something to argue about it, but I myself do not. 

If he gave a response just like you gave yours, then why voice in that tone in the first place?. 

This whole fixation on which box is better than the other, let alone brand, is the real childish prattle, and I wish it'd die sooner, rather than having to wait another 10-20 more years. 

Chazore said:
KLXVER said:

I'm just pointing out the fact that the man gave his say on the choice of system he preferred. The fact you mentioned how him not giving a detailed explanation annoying you, means you've something to argue about it, but I myself do not. 

If he gave a response just like you gave yours, then why voice in that tone in the first place?. 

This whole fixation on which box is better than the other, let alone brand, is the real childish prattle, and I wish it'd die sooner, rather than having to wait another 10-20 more years. 

I didnt say I needed a detailed explanation. You keep putting words in my mouth and saying that I belong to some "camp" because I found what he said unnecessary divisive. However if you absolutely want to know, Im in the Nintendo camp. 

KLXVER said:

I didnt say I needed a detailed explanation. You keep putting words in my mouth and saying that I belong to some "camp" because I found what he said unnecessary divisive. However if you absolutely want to know, Im in the Nintendo camp. 

See I can tell you're getting hostile and trying to make a scene here. I'd like to ask if you could stop trying to act like my sister does, when she knows she's making a far bigger deal out of something than usual (she prefers to shout out loud in a crowd, watching for eyes paying attention to her, in the hopes someone backs her up).

You already decided the camp he was in and cited him as being "worse than fanboys", and we already know fanboys have their own camps. You yourself just said which camp you hail from.

In depth, detailed, it gets the same results at the end of the day. 

Dulfite said:
That is about as good of a compliment as Patcher predicting your device will sell a lot. I like Steam for what it introduced years ago, but their quick abandonment of Steam Link after I bought it ticked me off, and their refusal to make sequels to games people want (or sell the IP to other studios that would make them happily) or make them locked behind some niche technology that won't really become mainstream for decades has annoyed me.

Steam link is now supported as an app. You can even install it on a Raspberry pi (and it works very well).