By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell favors Xbox

Tagged games:

Much needed positive PR for the Xbox brand lol.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Azzanation said:

Fanboys don't give (Actual) reasons to own a console. That's why they are fanboys. They speak on knowledge they no nothing about aside from trying to convince others based off brand loyalty. Gabe is a neutral customer to both brands and probably could care less out of either of them however this question is more to do with if he had to choose..

His sole focus is PC gaming.

Well Gabe gives no reason at all. Hes obviously not neutral. He hated the PS3 as well at first. Im sure he will come out at a PS5 event looking like a hostage again after a few years when he need Sony to sell his products though. 

He hated it, yet Steam had some sort of PSN integration back then and not XBL.

derpysquirtle64 said:
KLXVER said:

Well Gabe gives no reason at all. Hes obviously not neutral. He hated the PS3 as well at first. Im sure he will come out at a PS5 event looking like a hostage again after a few years when he need Sony to sell his products though. 

He hated it, yet Steam had some sort of PSN integration back then and not XBL.

...at first.

HOW DAREs HE!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

At this point every "XBox exclusive" also ends up on PC. I can understand why he likes XBox better.

Around the Network

Maybe he just legitimately likes it better. Crazy I know. But he may just not have wanted to get too far in the middle of things, and didn't want to elaborate because the gaming community tends to be childish about things like this.. And, the host of the segment moved on pretty quickly.

Well, it could be one of two things:

Either he really thinks that way and didn't feel like giving a reason because he feels that it is too obvious (which is something I would personally agree with).

Or there's something else cooking behind the scenes, just like there was something else cooking behind the scenes with Sony and Epic. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if next month is announced that the Valve VR headset will be compatible with XSX.

Serious guess: He’s a PC guy through and through. Series X simply has more all around potential and capabilities in regards to specs.

Joke Reason: Like Sony writing Epic a fat cheque, Valve got a nice sum of money from all those juicy sales of Sea of Thieves, MCC and now Grounded on Steam Lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

John2290 said:
shikamaru317 said:

King of the PC Master Race

Jesus, why are we taking his word for it?

Are we?

Makes sense both don't feel much like making games anymore and simply want to run a store :p

Now if the Valve Index comes to XSX with half life Alyx and Boneworks, that will peek my interest greatly. It will need some more games to justify that price tag though.