By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 - Customisable snap-On / Snap Off - Wings (side panels)

Looking forwards to swapping the colours of the PS5?

Yes! 16 76.19%

I love the white/black combo, so no! 5 23.81%

Total:21
twintail said:
S.Peelman said:
How would this work with the disc version though. Isn’t the bulge on that one part of the part with the disc drive? Also, if this is possible, why wouldn’t you just toss those flaps out altogether.

One of the images from this Twitter account shows what looks to be the disc side taken off.

Ah yes I see it now, didn’t notice. Less bulgy than I imagined the inside would be.

Around the Network

I think it was obvious that there was going to be a black version, snap-on or not. Waiting for a black one.
I wonder if you get to choose the lighting color as well?

I guess it's cool for people who want this. I personally don't really care for it, and will leave it as it's coming out of the box.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Nahhh I just buy the original look of the console and keep it for every gen so far.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I probably wont do any swapping myself but that's a good idea. No need to buy a console just for the special edition look when you can just buy the wings to switch out.

Around the Network

That's neat (if true, of course). Now there just needs to be a controller with decent colours and especially shapes with colours.

GrahfsLament said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Am I the only one who gets flashbacks to early 2000 cellphones which had exchangeable covers?

No. I also miss being able to access/replace the battery. At least my Xperia still has a 3.5mm jack!

Funny thing is, I never liked Nokia back in the day - but I got one now. And my wife's dad has a Nokia 1 Plus due to me which still has a replaceable battery.

I wonder if the wings are even needed. I mean it looks like it'll look net without them to be honest.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Maybe different panels with different contours could be made available?

EricHiggin said:
Maybe different panels with different contours could be made available?

maybe... but air flow and stuff would change,..
I  think it most likely all you'll see is differnt colours.