By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What brand was your first console?

I started gaming on...

Nintendo 47 47.00%

Playstation 11 11.00%

Xbox 0 0%

Sega 15 15.00%

Other 27 27.00%

Total:100

NES.

I was all about the Super Mario Bros games and my lil bro thought Duck Hunt was the bomb. The Zapper Gun was pretty frickin sweet.

Around the Network

Other; Philips.

It was the Videopac G7000, otherwise known as the Magnavox Odyssey2, of my mother. It took a while until there would be a newer console in our house, which was the Nintendo 64. After that it went fast. Before the N64 though I was introduced to and played games on my aunt’s NES and SNES and our own PC/Mac.

It was an OG GameBoy in late 1990

No love for Atari? :( I got a 2600 as a gift back in the days... man those were the times :)))

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Mattel Intellivision

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Even considering how much I loathe them now, it was a Playstation. Now I own only Xbox consoles. OTOH, when I went for other consoles, I bought all the oldies, from Saturn, to Turbograf, to NES to SNES and so on and forth.

Consoles does make me ask if the Commodore and Spectrum count though.

Atari 2600

Regular old NES was my very first console.

Nintendo with the GameCube and Game Boy Advance.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I started Gaming on Mattel Intellivision, and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons was my most favourite game :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDVwAXVJ3w I loved it !

In that video, the guy played the game for the first time, and he didn't have any idea about what to do in the beginning.     edited : the difficulty level was from 1 to 5 if I remember correctly, and that guy was play at 1/5, judging from the speed of the Dragon.

Last edited by Nate4Drake - on 19 July 2020

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.