By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What brand was your first console?

I started gaming on...

Nintendo 47 47.00%

Playstation 11 11.00%

Xbox 0 0%

Sega 15 15.00%

Other 27 27.00%

Total:100

Atari 2600. Old school.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Damn, you guys are old.

GameCube was my first.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Atari 2600

Best game on the system - Adventure (The first action-adventure video game and first console fantasy game)

It is the first video game to contain a widely known Easter egg (As seen in the movie Ready Player One)

Last edited by Rab - on 18 July 2020

My first console was technically the colecovision. Not that many memories of it as I was very young, but that is what I had before eventually getting an NES.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I don’t actually remember playing it, but I guess Atari. My brothers always talk about how I would help them get past stuff because I was better than them. This would be when I was three or four and they were teenagers.... my first memories are of the Nintendo and genesis... not really sure which one we got first... I think the Nintendo?

Around the Network

Super Nintendo was my first. I did buy an NES for the first time maybe 10 yrs ago.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

ColecoVision was the first one my parents bought for me. I had significant time with Atari 2600, and also some exposure to Intellivision, Vic 20, Coleco Telestar, Vetrex, and of course, the ColecoVision. That's how I knew to beg for it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I bought my first console, a Playstation, in 2000. I bought it for about $500. Quite expensive because it was modified to play VCDs (Video Compact Discs), a much more popular medium than DVD here in the Philippines in the late 90s up to early 2000s. Although my first ever console which my Mother bought me in 1992 was "Good Boy" which according to Wikipedia, a clone of the NES. Like the NES, games were stored in cartridges too.

First in my life: Atari 2600

First I fondly remember: NES

First I received as my own: PS1

First I bought as a working member of Society: PS3

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Nintendo, the NES. I had a couple intermediary Ataris from some cousins but it was pretty much Nintendo only as far as modern (for that time) gaming went for a while. RPGs started to go whole hog to Playstation and then I never really looked back as far as Playstation being the primary console. I still bought em all, even started to buy older consoles for older RPGs.

I stopped buying Nintendo consoles after the Wii. They stopped having games I wanted to to play. Which was sad for me since they were the first, but I had to move on.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.