By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What brand was your first console?

I started gaming on...

Nintendo 47 47.00%

Playstation 11 11.00%

Xbox 0 0%

Sega 15 15.00%

Other 27 27.00%

Total:100

Atari

Around the Network

My first console was some generic nonsense that could have been made by any of the major tech companies at the time.

My first real console was obviously Nintendo.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

PS1

Atari.

oooh but also played on a Game and Watch handheld from nintendo that had jumpman on it.
Before that it was PC-PAL if you can consider that a console.

A NES

Around the Network

Interesting to see how many of us started on systems outside of the Big 4. I didn't expect that.

For me, it was the SNES I got for Christmas of 1994.

First I played was an Atari, first I loved was Mega Drive (Genesis), first I bought Playstation 1.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Commodore 64 bought it second hand with a huge amount of original games , on top was it came with more accessories like 4 joysticks brand new floppy drive to replace the tape drive that hadn't been used and the icing on the cake a action replay cart that was valued at $100 at the time and could copy almost any game .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

curl-6 said:
Interesting to see how many of us started on systems outside of the Big 4. I didn't expect that.

For a question like this Atari is actually more important than 2 of those "big 4".  They were actually the clear winner of Generation 2.

DPsx7 said:
curl-6 said:

The average age of a gamer is like what, 40's? I'll bet a good number started with pinball or arcade stuff before consoles took hold. Then as mentioned there were several platforms pre-Atari.

It's 35 apparently, which would mean born in 1985 and growing up in the 80s and 90s, and during Gen 3-5.