By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Movie based games/Movie tie-in games.

Movie-based games tend to turn out below average. Mostly due to the fact that they are rushed out to launch alongside the movie. But there are some games that actually turn out really good. 

One of my favorites was Peter Jackson's King Kong Videogame. This game to this day is still very unique to me, As i have a hard time finding anything quite like it. The atmosphere was chilling and tense. i played this game as a kid and there were moments that legitimately terrified me but i enjoyed it all the same. It was lots fun fighting off the various creatures on the island. And the Kong battles were cool as well. 

Another game i loved was Spider-man 2. This one was really something special. It was mindblowing to me the first time i played it because there was not a game i played before that gave the player so much freedom. You could literally climb to the top of any building in the city. You could beat up a bad guy and hang him on a lampost. And the swinging was loads of fun. 

So let's discuss. What are some of your favorite movie tie-in games if any? 

Around the Network

I'm gonna go with Street Fighter: The Game The Movie The Game.

Really could have used a movie adaptation IMO.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) The Game, Based on the Movie, Based on the Game.

Never played it but Lord of the Rings The Two Towers and Return of the King were supposed to be great back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

'Toy Story 2' and 'The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King'.

My first console ever was a PSone, and pretty certain it was bundled with Toy Story 2. Was definitely the first game I owned. Return of the King was a christmas present the year that came out. Guess I kinda lucked out with those, as they were both great games.

Batman for the NES.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Never played it but Lord of the Rings The Two Towers and Return of the King were supposed to be great back in the day.

They were perfect couch co-op action titles with RPG-lite qualities and tons of unlockables. Great replayability. Sadly, those kinds of games have basically been phased out in favour of the Diablo-esque grind-a-thons that flood the market now.

Goldeneye 64.

Goldeneye 007 on Wii. One of the best FPS games of the 7th gen in my book with its perfect blend of accessible stealth and well tuned action where each approach was just as fun and balanced as the other.

Peter Jackson's King Kong. A lot of great survival and horror elements; the V-Rexs were effing terrifying, and things like having no HUD and the player character verbally keeping track of their ammo really added to the immersion.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The orc ranking system and the way it was worked into the gameplay was awesome, and the combat felt great.

Alien Isolation. Genuinely scary and perfectly captures the look and feel of the original 1979 classic.

The first three Harry Potter games were pretty good as well.

Goldeneye (N64 - already mentioned)
Aladdin (SNES and Genesis - already mentioned)
Alien 3 (SNES)
Jurassic Park (SNES)