By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Movie based games/Movie tie-in games.

DonFerrari said:
Chicho said:

And Super Mario bros

The movie for tie in wasn`t good though.

I watched that movie when i was a kid and i thought it was weird  but i didn't hate it.

Around the Network
Chicho said:
DonFerrari said:

The movie for tie in wasn`t good though.

I watched that movie when i was a kid and i thought it was weird  but i didn't hate it.

Same here, it was odd and ugly, but I remember having fun.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

curl-6 said:

Super Star Wars on the SNES is a pretty damn good game, but whoa boy does it take liberties with the film it's based on.

Among other things, I don't remember the part in A New Hope where Luke slaughters a sand crawler full of Jawas to save R2D2.

Could have been worse.  At least Luke didn't stumble upon a shape shifting scorpion that could assume the form of Darth Vader while he was in there.

Mandalore76 said:
curl-6 said:

Super Star Wars on the SNES is a pretty damn good game, but whoa boy does it take liberties with the film it's based on.

Among other things, I don't remember the part in A New Hope where Luke slaughters a sand crawler full of Jawas to save R2D2.

Could have been worse.  At least Luke didn't stumble upon a shape shifting scorpion that could assume the form of Darth Vader while he was in there.

If that's a reference I don't get it, but much weirder things than that happen in the SNES Star Wars adaptions so that wouldn't be at all out of place.

Jurassic Park, both on the Gameboy and PC
Tie Figher/X-Wing/KotOR I and II on PC
Dune and Dune II are heavily influenced by the David Lynch movie

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mandalore76 said:

If that's a reference I don't get it, but much weirder things than that happen in the SNES Star Wars adaptions so that wouldn't be at all out of place.

In the Famicom Star Wars game, Luke (black haired sprite) encounters Darth Vader inside the Sand Crawler.  While fighting, Darth Vader transforms into a scorpion.

I only know this because of the AVGN Episode 99 "Star Wars Games".

From Wookiepedia:

"Sasori Vader was a changeling entity who lived in a Jawa sandcrawler on the planet Tatooine at the time of the Galactic Civil War. Its true form was that of a giant scorpion with red glowing eyes, but it could turn into the shape of the Sith Lord Darth Vader.

In 0 BBY, Sasori Vader, having somehow managed to take over a Jawa sandcrawler, imprisoned two Jawas (who had also managed to kidnap R2-D2 earlier) and incarcerate them in the bridge area of what used to be their sandcrawler. The young Luke Skywalker then made his way to the sandcrawler in order to free his droid friend and confront Sasori Vader, who had taken the shape of Darth Vader. During the ensuing fight, Sasori Vader turned back into its true form, but he was eventually defeated and killed by Skywalker.

Sasori Vader was one of the stage bosses in the Japanese Star Wars 1987 video game. The game featured various fake Vaders which all happened to be shapeshifting monsters."

Spider-Man 2: This was the best Spider-Man game until Marvel's Spider-Man.
Revenge of the Sith: Really fun for a linear action game.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima