By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Movie based games/Movie tie-in games.

Some of my favorites below

Die Hard Trilogy - A well crafted game with 3 movies in it. Each with its own play style. The first Die hard was a decent third person shooter. The second a lightgun arcade shooter third a race against time action game. I remember this one fondly and is one of my favourites on the PS1.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Expands on the story and lore of Riddick. Story lies in between the first and second movie. Excellent stealth and action game

Golden Eye - A quality title based on the movie. Groundbreaking FPS at the time. Multiplayer was absolutely amazing.

Around the Network

Oh yeah! I forgot about Scott pilgrim! I know that stylistically it is more close to the graphic novels but I still count it.

Goldeneye 007 (N64) was the first one I recall that I thought was really good.

The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers and The Return of The King for PS2

Willow and Alien vs Predator arcade games.

Around the Network

Super Star Wars on the SNES is a pretty damn good game, but whoa boy does it take liberties with the film it's based on.

Among other things, I don't remember the part in A New Hope where Luke slaughters a sand crawler full of Jawas to save R2D2.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

S.Peelman said:
I don’t think it’s fair to pick games not directly based on a movie in a given franchise.

I can just say okay; Knights of the Old Republic. But that’s not a game based on a movie, it’s based on a franchise which the movie also belongs to.

Yeah, maybe i should've clarified that i meant games based on specific movies. Not games from a franchise with movies. So games like Knights of the old republic and Shadow of Mordor wouldn't count.

I remember playing that King Kong game. Its my fondest memory when it comes to video game tie ins for movies.

Spider-Man 2 is just incredible.  Not only is Spider-Man 2 the best Spider-Man movie, but Spider-Man 2 is also the best Spider-Man video game.  It was the first time Spider-Man went open world.

Also, gotta say that both Tron and Discs of Tron were fun games back in the day.

Warriors, but well it was like 20 years or more separation. Either that or Godfather

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."