By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Movie based games/Movie tie-in games.

Lord of the rings games on ps2 i think and Golden eye on N64.
Also had i Jurassic Park game on SNES or PS1 but that did not really tie in that much with the movie as it had you playing the dinosaurs for a big part of it,also played alladin and the lion king on SNES.

Oooh i played Batman on gamegear and terminator and Robocop on devices i do not remember:P

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The orc ranking system and the way it was worked into the gameplay was awesome, and the combat felt great.

While this is based on Middle Earth from the books, it isn't based on any of the LOTR or Hobbit movies.

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The orc ranking system and the way it was worked into the gameplay was awesome, and the combat felt great.

While this is based on Middle Earth from the books, it isn't based on any of the LOTR or Hobbit movies, and no Shadow of Mordor movies has ever been made.

It seemed to me pretty clearly based in the world of the films; orcs, Gollum, the rangers, elves, etc were all depicted just as in the Peter Jackson movies.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

While this is based on Middle Earth from the books, it isn't based on any of the LOTR or Hobbit movies, and no Shadow of Mordor movies has ever been made.

It seemed to me pretty clearly based in the world of the films; orcs, Gollum, the rangers, elves, etc were all depicted just as in the Peter Jackson movies.

What movie tells the story of Shadow of Mordor?

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

The OP included "tie-ins" and games "based on" movies rather than just direct adaptions. Most such games take huge liberties or tell stories that diverge quite dramatically from the source material anyway.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

The OP included "tie-ins" and games "based on" movies rather than just direct adaptions. Most such games take huge liberties or tell stories that diverge quite dramatically from the source material anyway.

It doesn't tie-in to any movies. It simply happens in-between The Hobbit and TLOTR stories, in-order to tell stories that won't affect any of them.

The movies may have inspired the looks of the creatures and whatnot, but calling this a tie-in or being based on any of the movies is quite a stretch.

The Jungle Book (SNES and Genesis/Megadrive)

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

It doesn't tie-in to any movies. It simple happens in-between the Hobbit and TLOR stories, in-order to tell stories that won't affect any of them.

The movies may have inspired the looks of the creatures and whatnot, but calling this a tie-in or being based on any of the movies is quite a stretch.

Well, when I played it it seemed very clearly to be based on the universe of the Peter Jackson films and tied into them by filling in some of the events that happened between them and even featuring of the key characters in Gollum. I guess we just disagree.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

It doesn't tie-in to any movies. It simple happens in-between the Hobbit and TLOR stories, in-order to tell stories that won't affect any of them.

Well, when I played it it seemed very clearly to be based on the universe of the Peter Jackson films and tied into them by filling in some of the events that happened between them and even featuring of the key characters in Gollum. I guess we just disagree.

So I guess I'd answer with Batman: Arkham Knight. Clearly based on the animated movie: Batman: Under the Red Hood.

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

So I guess I'd answer with Batman: Arkham Knight. Clearly based on the animated movie: Batman: Under the Red Hood.

You can if you like.