By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Movie based games/Movie tie-in games.

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

The OP included "tie-ins" and games "based on" movies rather than just direct adaptions. Most such games take huge liberties or tell stories that diverge quite dramatically from the source material anyway.

It doesn't tie-in to any movies. It simple happens in-between the Hobbit and TLOR stories, in-order to tell stories that won't affect any of them.

The movies may have inspired the looks of the creatures and whatnot, but calling this a tie-in or being based on any of the movies is quite a stretch.

Well, when I played it it seemed very clearly to be based on the universe of the Peter Jackson films and tied into them by filling in some of the events that happened between them and even featuring of the key characters in Gollum. I guess we just disagree.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

It doesn't tie-in to any movies. It simple happens in-between the Hobbit and TLOR stories, in-order to tell stories that won't affect any of them.

The movies may have inspired the looks of the creatures and whatnot, but calling this a tie-in or being based on any of the movies is quite a stretch.

Well, when I played it it seemed very clearly to be based on the universe of the Peter Jackson films and tied into them by filling in some of the events that happened between them and even featuring of the key characters in Gollum. I guess we just disagree.

So I guess I'd answer with Batman: Arkham Knight. Clearly based on the animated movie: Batman: Under the Red Hood.

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

So I guess I'd answer with Batman: Arkham Knight. Clearly based on the animated movie: Batman: Under the Red Hood.

You can if you like.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

GoldenEye obviously, the posterboy of movie-based games.

I agree stongly with GoldenEye and Aladdin being two great movie based games. If TLOR's kind of relation with movies is ok, I would add Alien vs Predator 2 with which i had a great time, even if I don't really like FPS.

Around the Network

Most of the good ones have already been listed so I'll add a few that haven't been.

Star Wars Ep. 1: Pod Racer.
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Winner by far:
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

I don’t think it’s fair to pick games not directly based on a movie in a given franchise.

I can just say okay; Knights of the Old Republic. But that’s not a game based on a movie, it’s based on a franchise which the movie also belongs to.

okr said:
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Think all of those games are on GOG,even in my library i got some.

I grew up with having to wait 6 months till i gathered enough money to get a game,and now these days it is like i can not even play all the games i get for free.