By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Movie based games/Movie tie-in games.

GoldenEye obviously, the posterboy of movie-based games.

Around the Network

I agree stongly with GoldenEye and Aladdin being two great movie based games. If TLOR's kind of relation with movies is ok, I would add Alien vs Predator 2 with which i had a great time, even if I don't really like FPS.

Winner by far:
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

I don’t think it’s fair to pick games not directly based on a movie in a given franchise.

I can just say okay; Knights of the Old Republic. But that’s not a game based on a movie, it’s based on a franchise which the movie also belongs to.

Around the Network
okr said:
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Think all of those games are on GOG,even in my library i got some.

I grew up with having to wait 6 months till i gathered enough money to get a game,and now these days it is like i can not even play all the games i get for free.

Some of my favorites below

Die Hard Trilogy - A well crafted game with 3 movies in it. Each with its own play style. The first Die hard was a decent third person shooter. The second a lightgun arcade shooter third a race against time action game. I remember this one fondly and is one of my favourites on the PS1.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Expands on the story and lore of Riddick. Story lies in between the first and second movie. Excellent stealth and action game

Golden Eye - A quality title based on the movie. Groundbreaking FPS at the time. Multiplayer was absolutely amazing.

The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers and The Return of The King for PS2

Willow and Alien vs Predator arcade games.

Super Star Wars on the SNES is a pretty damn good game, but whoa boy does it take liberties with the film it's based on.

Among other things, I don't remember the part in A New Hope where Luke slaughters a sand crawler full of Jawas to save R2D2.