By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Representative Contacted Vice After Critical Review of The Last of Us 2

The_Liquid_Laser said:
DonFerrari said:

Until this gen Gran Turismo have been their best selling franchise, and GT5, 6 and GTS had decreasing scores.

Days Gone was a big bet.

You are just spreading FUD with this.

You are saying things that are just not true.  The Naughty Dog games were the best selling 1st party games on the PS3.  GT experienced a significant decline at the same time.  Naughty Dog has been their flagship studio for the past two generations.

Also, I'm not the first person to suggest that the rating system is biased and unreliable, not even close.  I'm just pointing out the details in this specific incident.

But Naughty Dog games are not the best selling PS3 games, GT5 Is.

And at this rate maybe Spider-Man is the best selling PS4 game and not a Naughty Dog game (U4).

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
I dont get it. No reviewer has given the game a horrible score. It just makes Sony look petty. Maybe not spend millions upon millions of dollars on games if you are this insecure about them.

Exactly. Not everyone will love the product you produce.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

kazuyamishima said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

You are saying things that are just not true.  The Naughty Dog games were the best selling 1st party games on the PS3.  GT experienced a significant decline at the same time.  Naughty Dog has been their flagship studio for the past two generations.

Also, I'm not the first person to suggest that the rating system is biased and unreliable, not even close.  I'm just pointing out the details in this specific incident.

But Naughty Dog games are not the best selling PS3 games, GT5 Is.

And at this rate maybe Spider-Man is the best selling PS4 game and not a Naughty Dog game (U4).

My mistake.  I took a second look at GT numbers.  However, Naughty Dog was still basically their flagship studio on the PS3 since they had several high sellers.  The same can be said for PS4.

KratosLives said:
I agree with sony, those who just don't get the game need to be educated.

Interesting, so if you dont like a game, you need to be educated in liking it?

VAMatt said:
pikashoe said:

Since when is this normal? This should never be considered normal.

Since forever. It is a basic best practice in every industry that I'm aware of.  

First I've heard of this. You are going to need examples and proof here, because I'm looking into this and can't find anything about this basic practice in any industry.

Around the Network

Not wanting to make this about ND or simply just the games industry. I think some reviewers, journalists, media, critics are to blame for this as well as some publishers, developers.

As a Muslim and a minority I have faced this for over twenty years. Someone decides to review / analyse you as a group, as a community, as a race, but they pick and choose the points they will analyse and this often leads to a one sided review.

It's like with the recent BLM movements where people protested, but the stories which many outlets chose to highlight were the looting.

Or when speaking about immigrants, you only concentrate on those who have committed crimes, but ignore all the others who have made a positive impact through their contributions. E.g Steve jobs, freddy Mercury, the doctors, nurses etc. All this is simply boiled down to immigrants are this or that.

It's like GTAIV or any GTA for that matter where the outlets choose to only review and analyse the positives whilst in other games they will choose to analyse all and compare.

If a journalist only highlights the negative, ignores the positive or chooses not to speak about them, they become part of the problem, so when they do get questioned, it's only right.

Class example is the Killzone series. First big console game with mechs, jetpacks, dynamic mp maps, dynamic missions in mp, shooting from cover in a fps but most of these things were ignored by most outlets and then the credit given to games which followed like Brink, TF and Battlefield.

If I was to be considered a fair and professional reviewer and I chose to omit things that could be / are actually good and positive, then I shouldn't be surprised for being called out unless I state why I don't like these things so they're is reasoning beyond just meh it's rubbish or not covering them at all.

This ultimately to me is what separates a good critical opinion from a lazy / biased one. It is something that has plagued this industry for a long time, especially with big games and franchises, often leaving lesser known games and developers on the receiving end.

KratosLives said:

Hahahaha brilliant!

Wait... that was sarcasm right?

Bonzinga said:
KratosLives said:

The justifications used to not like the game are terrible. And they pretty much all come from a common background.  

Bonzinga said:

TLOU2 is by far the most controversial game ever released. It sits on a incredible score of a 94 metacritic, putting it in the heavy weight league. However..

Information has surfaced that Sony has gone out of there way to hunt down the low-end review scores and trying to convince reviewers to change there opinion or at best disagree with the scores given.

I found this information from DreamCast Guy, someone who actually really likes Sony and their games. However if this is true, this is not morally right for companies to go out of there way to convince professional journalist to have a better opinion. Now DreamCast Guy isn't someone i take too serious or should you, however his sources and info can be quite interesting especially in this case..

>>MUST WATCH<<

DreamCast Guy said it best "the game doesn't need to be perfect."

Here is a quick run down on the situation.

Polygon's Vice President Rob Zacny's review piece. No score was given however the review was not positive about the game.

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2020/6/12/21288535/the-last-of-us-part-2-review-ps4-naughty-dog-ellie-joel-violence

Sony sent out a representative to seek out Rob Zacny 

Sony weren't happy with his point of view

Personally, no company should have the right to question others about there opinions. Lets hope this is all just misinterpreted. I figured this was interesting news and thought this might make a good 1st thread to discuss about. 

Please people, stop with this crap and nonsense, this is olny bad for you. The Game will sell millions and millions, there is nothing you can do to stop this or discredit the Game; TLOU Part II is not controversial, it's easy as you see on Meta, it's a masterpiece. At least use your brain.  As I already said, You think a 30% of reviewers have been biased going too high or too low, ok just remove the Top 15 scores and the bottom 15 scores, and you might get a more reliable Meta Score, of course suspecting that some media have been persuaded to change their minds and give a higher mark, and others on the other hand would have sunk the game for clickbait, homophobia, or incentives from rival companies. 

Please stop making a fool of yourself, it's only bad for you.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

KratosLives said:
Bonzinga said:

The justifications used to not like the game are terrible. And they pretty much all come from a common background.  

All i have seen in these threads is you getting offended by others that do not like the game and yourself praising it in high heavens like there isnt a single flaw,and you think you're justified doing that?