By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Representative Contacted Vice After Critical Review of The Last of Us 2

Why am I not surprised this is an Assanation thread?

Around the Network

The same Sony that DMCA's themselves. This is another reason why review scores are a joke. Publishers try to dictate them.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
The same Sony that DMCA's themselves. This is another reason why review scores are a joke. Publishers try to dictate them.

They didn't DMCA themselves. The process is automated. Seriously, try harder.

On second thought, no. Don't. This is already enough.

twintail said:
The article doesn't even frame this as poaching bad reviews. Given its place in the article I doubt the author even saw it that way. Surely that would have been the crux of the article if this was so malicious?

Hey Twintail, 

Did you watch the video or just read the article?

The game deserves a 100 Metascore, so i guess the low score was payed beforehand by Microsoft in this case, cause it doesnt make sense to rate below 9. Simple as that.

Around the Network

not suprised nor by the practice nor by the comments

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JapaneseGamesLover said:

The game deserves a 100 Metascore, so i guess the low score was payed beforehand by Microsoft in this case, cause it doesnt make sense to rate below 9. Simple as that.

Heavy levels of sarcasm detected.

This the same DreamcastGuy that's been hating on the Last Of Us since the leaks? I can smell his male fragility through my monitor

vonny said:
This the same DreamcastGuy that's been hating on the Last Of Us since the leaks? I can smell his male fragility through my monitor

Companies shouldn't try to convince critics to change their opinion? Why not? That's a normal practice in just about every industry. You reach out to your critics to 1) learn from them, and 2) help them see your side, in hopes of moving their opinion in a more favorable direction. If Sony were saying "hey man, we'll give you $20k to change your opinion", or "if you don't give us a better score, you won't get an advance copy of our next game" that would be wrong. But, that's not alleged here.