By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Representative Contacted Vice After Critical Review of The Last of Us 2

JapaneseGamesLover said:

.. was payed

Where does the idea come from that "payed" is an English word? I noticed it popping up a few years ago and has been making its rounds ever since (and not from foreign speakers only)?

Around the Network

Not surprised. They will do anything to save this franchise.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

If I was Polygon I'd have submitted a 2 to metacritic after this just to 'teach' them. But, I'm evil like that.

Yeah I heard about this. Not the first time I’ve heard of Sony doing it and it’s happened to me before as well. Not Sony, but a negative review did generate a response from a publisher and a lack of future review copies lol.

Nothing wrong with them hand picking journalists who will give their game a good score for review copies, just smart business and goes to show what a waste of time metascores are.

VAMatt said:
Companies shouldn't try to convince critics to change their opinion? Why not? That's a normal practice in just about every industry. You reach out to your critics to 1) learn from them, and 2) help them see your side, in hopes of moving their opinion in a more favorable direction. If Sony were saying "hey man, we'll give you $20k to change your opinion", or "if you don't give us a better score, you won't get an advance copy of our next game" that would be wrong. But, that's not alleged here.

Is it? No game is perfect. Would they then contact them to drop the score should it reach 10/10?

Not sure if I believe this to be honest and I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be true for any developer on any platform. 

Around the Network

This is the biggest non-issue that ever non-issued.

VAMatt said:
Companies shouldn't try to convince critics to change their opinion? Why not? That's a normal practice in just about every industry. You reach out to your critics to 1) learn from them, and 2) help them see your side, in hopes of moving their opinion in a more favorable direction. If Sony were saying "hey man, we'll give you $20k to change your opinion", or "if you don't give us a better score, you won't get an advance copy of our next game" that would be wrong. But, that's not alleged here.

Since when is this normal? This should never be considered normal.

'Sony hires hitman to "take care of" critics who negatively review their games'
Guys it's totally normal everyone does it all the time, nothing to see here.

Curious that someone that doesn't believe in score is interested in this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ka-pi96 said:
Hynad said:
Why am I not surprised this is an Assanation thread?

Ah, that would explain some things. Alts really should be linked with the old account in some way. Pretty stupid that they can go about without people knowing who they really are.

I'll say I know it is Azzanation since like post count 2 or so =p

I do know that alts carry the moderation history, and I though Azz had been perma, so I found strange that he was allowed to keep posting and with a new account and same habits.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."