Forums - Sony Discussion - (SPOILER ALERT) Free discussion of TLOU2 with story included

Tagged games:

How do you rate TLOU2 story

1 8 15.69%

2 1 1.96%

3 5 9.80%

4 3 5.88%

5 5 9.80%

6 6 11.76%

7 3 5.88%

8 4 7.84%

9 6 11.76%

10 10 19.61%

Total:51

@dante
The more I play it with the flashbacks the more Im starting to see hints that it might go deeper. Like, there is something happening in Joel's brain. He and Ellie are at odds. She knows he lied, and seems like she hates him. And his personality is looking pretty desperate.
I wouldn't put it past them that that the entire thing happened bc Joel started to hate himself and was becoming reckless with his life.

Also I heard something interesting today that in the death scene, it was originally shot with Joel saying Sarah's name right before he dies. 

Last edited by theprof00 - on 27 June 2020

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

@dante
The more I play it with the flashbacks the more Im starting to see hints that it might go deeper. Like, there is something happening in Joel's brain. He and Ellie are at odds. She knows he lied, and seems like she hates him. And his personality is looking pretty desperate.
I wouldn't put it past them that that the entire thing happened bc Joel started to hate himself and was becoming reckless with his life.

Also I heard something interesting today that in the death scene, it was originally shot with Joel saying Sarah's name right before he dies. 

"Give your lecture and finish it already".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
hinch said:

Anyone else think the story should have ended at the farm? That would have been a better ending imo to finish the game on. The epilogue felt long and drawn out by that time.

Not a big complaint though.. since we got more game time, and this will be the last ND game we're gonna get for years :P

Are we considering the Santa Barbara entirely as epilogue? It kinda make sense, Ellie couldn`t release herself from the bad feelings so it needed a little more on the story before she was able to.

It's weird because Ellie looked happy on a surface level. But the whole PTSD thing could have been avoided and she could have been happy living out in the farm. Instead of again going an finishing her destructive path of vengeance and possibly ending up alone.

Yeah, I think I was just ready to put the controller down at that point. It would have been a satisfying enough of a conclusion for me. Think I just felt the game was dragging its feet since i was over 20ish hours of game time. Yeah I probably wouldn't have wanted it completely cut out, but maybe shortened a bit and show some some cut-scenes to fill in the blanks for the ending would have done me.

hinch said:
DonFerrari said:

Are we considering the Santa Barbara entirely as epilogue? It kinda make sense, Ellie couldn`t release herself from the bad feelings so it needed a little more on the story before she was able to.

It's weird because Ellie looked happy on a surface level. But the whole PTSD thing could have been avoided and she could have been happy living out in the farm. Instead of again going an finishing her destructive path of vengeance and possibly ending up alone.

Yeah, I think I was just ready to put the controller down at that point. It would have been a satisfying enough of a conclusion for me. Think I just felt the game was dragging its feet since i was over 20ish hours of game time. Yeah I probably wouldn't have wanted it completely cut out, but maybe shortened a bit and show some some cut-scenes to fill in the blanks for the ending would have done me.

I can agree it could be streamlined, but I didn't find a problem on it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
theprof00 said:

@dante

That's the line I keep coming back to. Almost feels like he wanted to die

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
DonFerrari said:

That's the line I keep coming back to. Almost feels like he wanted to die

I bet that he felt a lot of regret over all the actions he done since the outbreak but validated it on keeping Ellie safe, but then she was broke up with him since that mission. He couldn't put himself to die but would pick as much dangerous mission as possible to be killed as a hero and also to prevent others to get those missions.

And another big streamer echoes the same gripes a lot of people about the game. Something which most 10/10 reviews fail to point out.

Pewds saying his thoughts on the game made me think if Abby had her own game, would it have worked much better? And when I said her own game, I meant detract from the Last of Us title and instead become its own thing in the same universe which then intersects with TLOU.

Abby really could have been something more but the game was asking too much in forcing you to play as her after seeing her kill Joel off. I really felt that juggling between Ellie and Abby was one of the things that hurt the delivery of the story.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 27 June 2020

I like Videogamedunkey's review

Jim Sterling also quite liked it and gave it 7.5/10.

I can't take any score lower than 6 seriously. They either have major gripe over the leaked story that may have ruined their experience or have not played the game and are just basing it off videos they've watched. Which is  incredibly dumb.

iron_megalith said:

And another big streamer echoes the same gripes a lot of people about the game. Something which most 10/10 reviews fail to point out.

Pewds saying his thoughts on the game made me think if Abby had her own game, would it have worked much better? And when I said her own game, I meant detract from the Last of Us title and instead become its own thing in the same universe which then intersects with TLOU.

Abby really could have been something more but the game was asking too much in forcing you to play as her after seeing her kill Joel off. I really felt that juggling between Ellie and Abby was one of the things that hurt the delivery of the story.

Don't you think it is even stranger that you seem to only consider the yt, reviewer and streamers that align with your opinion as being right with everything else lacking credibility?

DonFerrari said:
iron_megalith said:

Don't you think it is even stranger that you seem to only consider the yt, reviewer and streamers that align with your opinion as being right with everything else lacking credibility?

If only majority weren't dismissive about the flaws and didn't use the bigot card, bots or whatever so hard on people criticizing them for the perfect score.

I've seen people give it fair reviews. Someone just posted Jim Sterling's review which approched the thing objectively. He talked about the positives of the game and at the same time talked about the flaws.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 27 June 2020