By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (SPOILER ALERT) Free discussion of TLOU2 with story included

Tagged games:

How do you rate TLOU2 story

1 8 14.55%

2 1 1.82%

3 5 9.09%

4 3 5.45%

5 5 9.09%

6 7 12.73%

7 4 7.27%

8 4 7.27%

9 7 12.73%

10 11 20.00%

Total:55

I like Videogamedunkey's review

Jim Sterling also quite liked it and gave it 7.5/10.

I can't take any score lower than 6 seriously. They either have major gripe over the leaked story that may have ruined their experience or have not played the game and are just basing it off videos they've watched. Which is  incredibly dumb.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:

And another big streamer echoes the same gripes a lot of people about the game. Something which most 10/10 reviews fail to point out.

Pewds saying his thoughts on the game made me think if Abby had her own game, would it have worked much better? And when I said her own game, I meant detract from the Last of Us title and instead become its own thing in the same universe which then intersects with TLOU.

Abby really could have been something more but the game was asking too much in forcing you to play as her after seeing her kill Joel off. I really felt that juggling between Ellie and Abby was one of the things that hurt the delivery of the story.

Don't you think it is even stranger that you seem to only consider the yt, reviewer and streamers that align with your opinion as being right with everything else lacking credibility?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
iron_megalith said:

And another big streamer echoes the same gripes a lot of people about the game. Something which most 10/10 reviews fail to point out.

Pewds saying his thoughts on the game made me think if Abby had her own game, would it have worked much better? And when I said her own game, I meant detract from the Last of Us title and instead become its own thing in the same universe which then intersects with TLOU.

Abby really could have been something more but the game was asking too much in forcing you to play as her after seeing her kill Joel off. I really felt that juggling between Ellie and Abby was one of the things that hurt the delivery of the story.

Don't you think it is even stranger that you seem to only consider the yt, reviewer and streamers that align with your opinion as being right with everything else lacking credibility?

If only majority weren't dismissive about the flaws and didn't use the bigot card, bots or whatever so hard on people criticizing them for the perfect score.

I've seen people give it fair reviews. Someone just posted Jim Sterling's review which approched the thing objectively. He talked about the positives of the game and at the same time talked about the flaws.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 27 June 2020

iron_megalith said:
DonFerrari said:

If only majority weren't dismissive about the flaws and didn't use the bigot card so hard on people criticizing them for the perfect score.

I've seen people give it fair views. Someone just posted Jim Sterling's review which was pretty fair.

Maybe because the flaws aren't as big as some people make it out to be. If a game is enjoyable and is entertaining then it shouldn't matter. I could point in glaring plot holes in my favourite games and movies but as long as it doesn't distract then all is kosher.

iron_megalith said:
DonFerrari said:

If only majority weren't dismissive about the flaws and didn't use the bigot card so hard on people criticizing them for the perfect score.

I've seen people give it fair reviews. Someone just posted Jim Sterling's review which was pretty fair. He talked about the positives of the game and at the same time talked about the flaws.

I think some people on both sides are being a bit unfair towards each other. Its fun to discuss the game, but insulting people for liking or disliking it just takes away from the conversation and it ends up becoming a competition instead. I think ND tried something different and you know, it is what it is.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
DonFerrari said:

If only majority weren't dismissive about the flaws and didn't use the bigot card, bots or whatever so hard on people criticizing them for the perfect score.

I've seen people give it fair reviews. Someone just posted Jim Sterling's review which approched the thing objectively. He talked about the positives of the game and at the same time talked about the flaws.

So again, everyone that likes the game or think it is the best game of the gen is wrong and isn`t credible, the only credible ones are the ones that are giving jabs at the game, gotcha. Thanks for confirming.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

hinch said:
iron_megalith said:

I've seen people give it fair views. Someone just posted Jim Sterling's review which was pretty fair.

Maybe because the flaws aren't as big as some people make it out to be. If a game is enjoyable and is entertaining then it shouldn't matter. I could point in glaring plot holes in my favourite games and movies but as long as it doesn't distract then all is kosher.

Not according to a lot of people. And then there's this disconnect again that we've seen in with the likes of Joker, TLJ etc where there are lot of generalizing going on from both sides.

But it does make me curious how reviewers really approach this and why is there such a huge disparity between players and critics. They shat on The Joker so hard parotting things that the film gives power to incel terrorists yet the majority of the people were able to connect with the character. With this game, a lot of people are having a really hard time with approaching Abby, yet a lot of the critics didn't seem to get this problem or have never even mentioned it. It's like those group of people forgot that a lot of the fans were attached with Joel and Ellie.

Seriously, If I hadn't seen any leaks of this game I personally would have felt that the whole game has been taken as a hostage from me. You want the ending? You play a lot of Abby. Thank you for your $60 sir.

Well, as with any medium, its all subjective.

Its a well put together game and got high critic reviews because of it. Most major gaming reviewers have liked it and have not let issues get in the way of their enjoyment. If you didn't well that's fine as well, sell the game and move on lol Wish I could do the same thing at the Cinema at some of the shit movies I've seen.

Last edited by hinch - on 27 June 2020

I felt sorry for Abby near the end,would have been nice if that feeling came sooner.
And i ended up disliking Ellie a bit.

hinch said:

Well, as with any medium, its all subjective.

Its a well put together game and got high critic reviews because of it. Most major gaming reviewers have liked it and have not let issues get in the way of their enjoyment. If you didn't well that's fine as well, sell the game and move on lol Wish I could do the same thing at the Cinema at some of the shit movies I've seen.

The reason I brought up Pewds earlier is because he was one of the big streamers that never indulged in any spoilers and is known to be a fan of the first game. So it was interesting to see him go in blind through the whole thing.

You can't really fault fans to place some sort of expectations on the sequel and hold it to a specific standard. Before the leaks came to be, fans were expecting this to be continuation of Joel and Ellie's story. But that's not what really happened and you are forced to play a character that you are not invested in.

That's the reason why I think this would have been much better if Abby had her own game first to ease in this story. Kinda like Lost Legacy. It is its own thing that's within the same universe which can connect to Joel and Ellie's story.

At this point, it kinda comes off as distasteful play of fan's expectations and just leveraging on Joel and Ellie as a character in order to introduce Abby's story.