By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who do you think will win the 2020 election, Trump or Biden?

Who do you think will win the 2020 election

Trump 34 45.95%

Biden 40 54.05%

Total:74

I'm NOT asking who you WANT to win, but WHO you THINK would win. Overall, I believe Trump will win for a few reasons.

1. Recent presidents seem to get 2 terms.

2. Before the corona virus, the economy was doing very well. Chances are as we reopen the economy will show huge progress.

3. The corona virus will decrease the amount of voters in liberal cities.

4. Joe biden isn't very entertaining and one thing I realize is Americans love entertainment more than politics.

Around the Network

Trump. Because USA gotta USA.

Trump, because the US is full of idiots.

I’m gonna say Biden. Trump got elected by a razor thin margin in a handful of states that was basically the result of democrats staying home. I think enough come off the bench this time that the election tips.

Also, as far as recent presidents having two terms... that’s only the last three presidents. Obama, Bush, Clinton...That’s not a very large sample size to go off of....

269-269 in the electoral college, Biden elected by the House of Representatives, but ends up with Pence as his VP thanks to the Republicans in the Senate.

In all seriousness, at the start of the year I'd have predicted the election would basically be 2004 on steroids, with Trump just edging the popular vote, but completely crushing the Democratic nominee in the electoral college vote. Now, I think it could go either way - and I think it's really gonna depend on what the people who voted third-party back in 2016 do.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
I’m gonna say Biden. Trump got elected by a razor thin margin in a handful of states that was basically the result of democrats staying home. I think enough come off the bench this time that the election tips.

Also, as far as recent presidents having two terms... that’s only the last three presidents. Obama, Bush, Clinton...That’s not a very large sample size to go off of....

Those three presidents served almost thirty years together. 

I really hope biden wins, you guys need to make sure to go vote (if your americans) and want to see change.

Biden.

As always, there’s a lot of uncertainty and a lot can happen. But it took a wild series of events, including an FBI chief going rogue to relaunch a negative Clinton story two weeks before the election, which polling showed hurt her right at the end.

Biden has a bigger lead than Clinton ever did, and Trump has a lot working against him: the economy is in a recession, and even the rosiest scenarios still have us with recession-level unemployment at the end of the year. He screwed up the coronavirus response, which isn’t going anywhere. He’s on the wrong side of nationwide protests. His approval ratings have been the most consistently lowest of any modern president, and his one bright spot, the Obama economy he inherited, is gone. He’s made no efforts to expand his appeal beyond his base, which currently makes up 40% of the electorate at most, and he can’t win with that. Polling has him behind in most swing states, and he’s doing especially bad in Florida. He’s lost his advantage with senior vote, and is underwater with every single group aside from white men, and his margin with that demographic isn’t enough to get him to 50%.

On top of all of that, even states were thought safe for him, likely never were. Despite his big margins in Iowa and Ohio, his actual vote percentage in these states was just 51%.

Altogether, 2016 was a weird election where Trump got very lucky, and 2020 is simply looking like a year that won’t go his way. Being an incumbent is a huge advantage during good times, but these AREN’T good times, and voters typically blame the party in the White House for that.

Unless something big happens that significantly changes the state of the race, Trump is almost certainly going to lose. Without that, he’ll need to hope coronavirus and existing GOP voter suppression tactics suppress enough Biden voters, combined with a polling error that breaks his way, will be enough to put him over the top.

Polling errors tend to only shift things a few points though, voter suppression can only do so much as record Democratic turnout in Georgia has shown, and when Wisconsin voters were forced to vote during a pandemic, they STILL showed up in high enough numbers to put the Democratic Supreme Court nominee there over the top. So overall, I have my doubts Trump can rely on any of this.

Prior to the recent unrest (protests, looting, etc.) I would've said Donald Trump had at least a 55% chance of re-election (even with COVID-19), maybe more. And before COVID-19 shutdowns in the U.S., I would've given Donald Trump at least a 65% chance over Joe Biden.
The election is still over four months away, but I think Joe Biden is more likely to win the election. The unrest in America is very high. There may be little enthusiasm for Joe Biden, but a lot of people will vote for him. And as usual, a ton of people will not vote at all for any kind of candidate.
So I think Joe Biden wins the 2020 presidential election, even if it's only by a few electoral votes.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I think Biden will win...

Let me compare and contrast party platforms before I tell you who I hope will win.