Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you consider getting the PS5 All-Digital Console if 100$ cheaper?

Would you get the All-Digital Edition if 100$ cheaper?

Yes 25 21.74%

No 81 70.43%

On the fence 9 7.83%

Total:115

Let's say the regular PS5 is 500$ USD and the All-Digital PS5 is 400$, would you consider getting the all digital edition instead?

Around the Network

Yes.

Nah I still want my physical since the stores sometimes have better deals on games compared to digital.

As an example with FFVIIR. Because I pre-ordered it during E3 pre-order sale, I got it for $54.96 CAD at launch when the normal price is $80 CAD.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Nah, I'm just gonna wait until the normal version drops in price.

My Most Recent Articles:

1. Video Game Music Spotlight #15: Vocal Themes

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

3. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Nope. UK prices for games on PSN is expensive compared to retail. Sticking with disks.

Oh and the console will also double as a UHD player as well.

Around the Network

Nope, over the course of the gen I'll be saving a ton more money than that by buying my games physically.

No. I have 4K Blu-ray discs, and I'd like to have the option to have physical games as well.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

For 100$ less? Yeah sure! But that's minimun, anything less than $100 is a deal breaker here.
To me 100$ is the sweet spot for Discless vs Standard.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Not a chance. Physical games are cheaper than digital.

Plus, I have DVDs. If I don't have a disk drive in my console then I'd need to buy a separate DVD player, that'd be stupid.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

At 399 it would be tempting but I really like physical for gaming that I'd rather just pay the extra hundred dollars and get the one with the disc drive. It's a good option for a lot of people who've already gone digital-only though.