By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you consider getting the PS5 All-Digital Console if 100$ cheaper?

Would you get the All-Digital Edition if 100$ cheaper?

Yes 25 21.74%

No 81 70.43%

On the fence 9 7.83%

Total:115

Let's say the regular PS5 is 500$ USD and the All-Digital PS5 is 400$, would you consider getting the all digital edition instead?

Around the Network

Yes.

Nah I still want my physical since the stores sometimes have better deals on games compared to digital.

As an example with FFVIIR. Because I pre-ordered it during E3 pre-order sale, I got it for $54.96 CAD at launch when the normal price is $80 CAD.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nah, I'm just gonna wait until the normal version drops in price.

Nope. UK prices for games on PSN is expensive compared to retail. Sticking with disks.

Oh and the console will also double as a UHD player as well.

Around the Network

No. I have 4K Blu-ray discs, and I'd like to have the option to have physical games as well.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

For 100$ less? Yeah sure! But that's minimun, anything less than $100 is a deal breaker here.
To me 100$ is the sweet spot for Discless vs Standard.

At 399 it would be tempting but I really like physical for gaming that I'd rather just pay the extra hundred dollars and get the one with the disc drive. It's a good option for a lot of people who've already gone digital-only though.

The way I'd see is the All-Digital PS5 is $400, would you consider getting the PS5 with a disc drive that gives you the option to play physical games and 4K Blu-rays for just $100 more??

So yes, I would gladly upgrade my PS5 to play physical games and disc based movies for just $100 more thank you :P

Difference is tempting, but no. I like to collect the games and also I can buy used cheaper and make the difference in time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."