By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you consider getting the PS5 All-Digital Console if 100$ cheaper?

Would you get the All-Digital Edition if 100$ cheaper?

Yes 25 21.74%

No 81 70.43%

On the fence 9 7.83%

Total:115

$50 or less and I'm going all digital. Anything less than that might as well get the drive on it even if I'll most likely never use it. Sometimes I use gamestop to buy a used game to try and then return and get the digital version.

Around the Network

No

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Cobretti2 said:
My biggest issue is say I went digital

How do I get to play these games later when say PS6 comes out?

Clearly there is finite space so can't keep all the games installed on the console.

At least with Steam and PC, when you upgrade computers you just install the game you owned for 10 years on the new machine.

Consoles with figital only support wll be an interesting time

Why would you play games that are 10 years old? Or, why would you buy a PS6 if you aren't even done with PS4 yet? Or, why would you buy a gaming console if your time is so limited that you fall generations behind with your backlog?

Also, why do people need to have like 20 games going on at the same time? No wonder you have trouble with HD space and backlog. I usually concentrate on one game at a time and then move on. Keep my head and thoughts in that story and that tone. Maybe sometimes I have had two games installed at once, if one of them is a long and grindy RPG that I need a break from time to time. How do you keep up with what you have been doing in each game? Doesn't it disrupt your experience if your attention is fragmented over so many different games at the same time? Or is it just about the mechanics for you, not so much about the story, or where the game is going and why?

Dante9 said:
Cobretti2 said:
My biggest issue is say I went digital

How do I get to play these games later when say PS6 comes out?

Clearly there is finite space so can't keep all the games installed on the console.

At least with Steam and PC, when you upgrade computers you just install the game you owned for 10 years on the new machine.

Consoles with figital only support wll be an interesting time

Why would you play games that are 10 years old? Or, why would you buy a PS6 if you aren't even done with PS4 yet? Or, why would you buy a gaming console if your time is so limited that you fall generations behind with your backlog?

Also, why do people need to have like 20 games going on at the same time? No wonder you have trouble with HD space and backlog. I usually concentrate on one game at a time and then move on. Keep my head and thoughts in that story and that tone. Maybe sometimes I have had two games installed at once, if one of them is a long and grindy RPG that I need a break from time to time. How do you keep up with what you have been doing in each game? Doesn't it disrupt your experience if your attention is fragmented over so many different games at the same time? Or is it just about the mechanics for you, not so much about the story, or where the game is going and why?

For me its about being able to go back and play a game 10 years later lol. I still fire up my NES every now and then and play some old games. Just something about it being played on the hardware it was designed for makes it all that special for me. No idea why just how I been. Could I emulate these old games? Sure, but just not the same.

Not worth it as u will use a 4k blu Ray player as a result. The disc version can be your all digital ps5 by have that 4k blu Ray player. That is definitely worth the 100 bucks

Around the Network

I want the 4K Bluray version, I don't care about price.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.