By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you consider getting the PS5 All-Digital Console if 100$ cheaper?

Would you get the All-Digital Edition if 100$ cheaper?

Yes 25 21.74%

No 81 70.43%

On the fence 9 7.83%

Total:115

$100? Sure. During the holidays, that would be a cheap next gen console.

However it would have to be $100 cheaper than my ideal price. So in your example, $499 PS5 is a heck no, and a $399 PS5 digital console is also a heck no.

$399 PS5 and $299 PS5 digital console is fair to me, and I would choose the $299 console.

Around the Network

For me discs are a waste of plastic,and i dislike supporting retail stores.
Got fast internet and buy most games in digital sales so i might get the all digital console,the amount of ssd storage is no blockade at all as i can redownload at a good speed but i rarely have to do that even with 500 GB storage.

My biggest issue is say I went digital

How do I get to play these games later when say PS6 comes out?

Clearly there is finite space so can't keep all the games installed on the console.

At least with Steam and PC, when you upgrade computers you just install the game you owned for 10 years on the new machine.

Consoles with figital only support wll be an interesting time

No point as u lose out a 4k blu Ray player. U might as well by the ps5 with the disc drive and go all digital

No. Because i can sell phisical games

Around the Network

I'm already got digital. Last physical game I bought was Metroid 2 on 3DS.

But the idea of PS4 being backwards compatible makes me kinda want to keep the disc drive. Just in case...

If the prices were $3 and $103, I would still buy the one with the disc drive. An all digital system is basically useless to me.

No.

I'm seriously considering going all digital on next gen.

With the US$ increasing in value, buying games digitally can now be a better option for South Americans.

I am probably going to buy an XB first next gen, because I love Halo. That'll mean I'll want a PS5 probably about two years in, so that I can play the exclusives. At that point, if I feel like the XB will remain as my primary console, I'll probably get the digital PS5. But, if I think there is any chance that the PS5 might become my primary console, I'll buy the one with the drive.

I don't care about physical media for the sake of having a disk and case to hold in my hand. But, I do like to have the ability to resell my games. So, wherever most of my gaming will take place, I want to have a disk drive.